Dubuque Iowa Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyaw95122

Premium Subscriber
I am new to all this. I use to have a dubuque iowa police/fire scanner, ever since dubuque has upgraded and changed everything i am unable to program my scanner. I am currently using the PSR - 500/600 program. Whistler 1040. Any help would be great.

RIMBOZAGGY

Premium Subscriber
I might be wrong but I think your Whistler 1040 may be incapable of decoding phase II P25 which may present a problem for you. If it did however, programming it could be as simple as identifying the nearest P25 antenna site, then referencing the list contained here on RR for that sites control channel frequency (the one in red) and programming it in. Otherwise you might have to bust open the piggy bank for a new radio. Or if you are a real glutton for punishment and tight on money like me you could buy an RTL-SDR dongle for $25 and fish out that old laptop in the closet.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Your scanner is not capable of decoding Phase 2 digital voice traffic.

tyaw95122

Premium Subscriber
thank you guys very much for in the information. What would you recommend as a good one to buy at a reasonable price.

MidwestRadioListener

Premium Subscriber
In your searching you will likely not find a "reasonable price" scanner but that is different in meaning for everyone. Be sure to not only look at Phase 2 but whether it can handle simulcast. Depending on your location you may have problems with distortion on a simulcast system.

Status
Not open for further replies.