Ducting on Med 9 and Med 10 North East

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
This is mostly for the North East folks. Any one else Monitor 9 and 10 and notice it will open up very wide certain times of the day you can hear Ambulance calls all the way up and down the coast

ecps92

Yes, and this am, it's pretty good

I use this map to keep an eye on VHF
VHF Propagation Map

However, my experience has been as the distances in VHF increase we regularly get UHF, T-Band, and 700/800 enhancements

This is mostly for the North East folks. Any one else Monitor 9 and 10 and notice it will open up very wide certain times of the day you can hear Ambulance calls all the way up and down the coast

wbswetnam

I lived in Fort Myers, Florida in the early 2000s, and sometimes I heard Tampa Police Department in the early hours of the morning on 453 MHz. Tampa and Fort Myers are about 130 miles apart. Remember: Florida is flat, flat flat so it could not have been ordinary ground wave; it had to have been tropo ducting.

rescuecomm

Greenville County, SC EMS dispatch is experiencing a lot of ducted interference on Med 9 and Med 10. It has been a while since it has been that strong.

Bob

Kitn1mcc

Premium Subscriber
I can hear Malmouth here CT all time . When it really opens sometimes 900 will open and i have worked into that cape may 900mhz machine

Status
Not open for further replies.