Duel Feeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rckydenver

Ok, I have to ask, I just went to the Jefferson county feed page and notice that we have duel feeds. The first is called Mountain Area feed which feeds Jeffco SO, State Patrol, Evergreen Fire, Elk Creek, Indian Hills, Genesse, Inter Canon and Foothills. Thats the new feed that came online. Then we have West Metro Feed which that includes Evergreen Fire. And my feed Denver West Metro which is my feed includes Jeffso SO, Golden PD and Fire, Edgewater PD and Fire, Inter canyon fire, Elk Creek FD, FERN and Metro Net.

I know my feed has not been up 100% most of the time so do we have this as a back up? Our should we choose to who feeds what online. I thought in order to have a feed here there where not to have duplicates.

Input Please. Maybe i can make changes on my end....

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Feed

[/QUOTE]I know my feed has not been up 100% most of the time so do we have this as a back up? Our should we choose to who feeds what online. I thought in order to have a feed here there where not to have duplicates.

Input Please. Maybe i can make changes on my end....[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that as long as the 2 feeds are not IDENTICAL (meaning one has something the other doesn't) that it is OK to have two feeds. Assuming that the 2nd feed adds something and doesn't have something the other does. Some of my listeners want LESS traffic on adjacent counties while others prefer a more GENERAL listening to surrounding areas.

KC9LVX Evansville, IN feed

utlchris

I don't feel having the same but a little different is a bad thing. Some people may prefer something a little different and or there is always the chance of a feed going down. Personally I would like to see some of the feeds thinned out. Especially the ones with larger agencies on them. It's nice to be able to listen to a feed that has something going on and not get interruptions from other side traffic. It is even easier to do that now that the Java Web Player you can open multiple feeds and it also displays alpha tags. That is one of the reasons I split my feed between fire and police and am contemplating on splitting it again with maybe Adams CO SO on it's own with Commerce City PD. So with that said I love to see the new feeds and feel the fewer on one feed the better it is to listen to. Love to new Lakewood PD feed and thanks for the person hosting it.

lazierfan

Feed Provider
I am here to welcome the new feed and the new feed provider. I have it on good authority that the feed provider's scanner setup is located in a more central location to receive Platte Canyon, Squaw Mountain, Reiley Peak, Inter-Canyon, and not so much West Lakewood. So it is most definitely a compliment to our present lineup.

Derek1975

It wouldn't break my heart to see a feed like Denver Police, Fire and EMS split in two. On most days where there is a lot of action on both sides it becomes unlistenable. But that's ultimately up to the feed provider.

SCPD

QRT
While I think you meant dual (as in two) this is gonna turn into a huge duel (as in fight) I think.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Ok, I have to ask, I just went to the Jefferson county feed page and notice that we have duel feeds. The first is called Mountain Area feed which feeds Jeffco SO, State Patrol, Evergreen Fire, Elk Creek, Indian Hills, Genesse, Inter Canon and Foothills. Thats the new feed that came online. Then we have West Metro Feed which that includes Evergreen Fire. And my feed Denver West Metro which is my feed includes Jeffso SO, Golden PD and Fire, Edgewater PD and Fire, Inter canyon fire, Elk Creek FD, FERN and Metro Net.

I know my feed has not been up 100% most of the time so do we have this as a back up? Our should we choose to who feeds what online. I thought in order to have a feed here there where not to have duplicates.

Input Please. Maybe i can make changes on my end....

You should probably check with Gordon or one of the Live Audio Administrators take a look and see what's going on.

04Z1V6

I have asked the Admins about this in the past and if you look at "Douglas County Law" My feed and another feed is almost exact except for the other feed has or will have the forest service and my feed has a split feed. The admin do not see this as a duplicate in anyway because of the added forest service feed, even though we both feed the same frequencies and the Castle Rock feed also has south metro fire that is feeding on "South Metro Fire" allready. I have no problem with this except it seems redundant.

04Z1V6

ScannerLive is great to help split things up and works more like a scanner. You can set the delay time and a priority channel and when busy you can just lock out a channel. I have every feed in the state programed.

rckydenver

To me at the time, seems to be confusing to go to the Jefferson County Feed page and see one person and another person have two Jeffco SO, two Elk Creek FD, two Inter Canyon FD and etc ....I would'nt of mind splitting up some of those if that person would of contacted me here and said, Hey i putting up a feed and i want the Jeffco SO and this and that. And i would of changed,(which i did),, Shoot maybe i should feed Arvada/Westy again, i lost that one at one time..Get two Arvada feeds going. And its going to be intill close to June or July intill i add alpa tags. Working on getting another computer.

I don't mind either of new feed providers at all as well, BTW i like the person title of it Mountain Area..kinda catchy.

So yes my feed is thin out..thanks for those who did give some good pointers. But i was hoping on what you wanted to listen too for being a Denver West Feed.. Maybe someday my title will change as well too. ummm

Last edited:

speard

Premium Subscriber
ScannerLive is great to help split things up and works more like a scanner. You can set the delay time and a priority channel and when busy you can just lock out a channel. I have every feed in the state programed.

Is ScannerLive a program to use on the scanner itself, or the computer? If its for the computer, where would one find it? Googleing doesn't provide a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.