Duke Energy Greensboro

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I know part of the Duke Energy Smartzone system is on the roof of the Koury Tower, but has anyone identified any talkgroups for this system? I'd like to give it a listen.

KM4WLV

Duke Energy - Salisbury & Charlotte

Hey folks,

I know this was about Duke Energy in Greensboro, but heres some information for Salisbury & Charlotte :

They are confirmed Hybrid systems in Salisbury & Charlotte. The fleetmap listed in the Rowan County database is correct (for Charlotte & Salisbury), and was preset 6 in my new Pro162. Its not much, but here's what I got so far :

Salisbury ( listed as Granite Quarry in the database ) :
- Active CC : 857.6625
- Active TG's : 200-9 - Service Trucks

Charlotte :
- Active CC's : 860.0875 , 860.6875
- Active TG's : 200-0 - Response ( unknown region )
200-1 - Response - Charlotte North
200-2 - Response - Charlotte South
200-6 - Response - Gastonia

I haven't been monitoring the Duke system long, and this is what I have logged thus far. I am trying to get the inside scoop, so if I can get some more info, I'll share it. My fiance works in Response (Dispatch) in Charlotte at night. And so everyone knows, all of Dukes traffice at night comes out of the Charlotte office. They pull all calls for service into this center at night, and all radio traffic is handled out of this office during night time hours. They cover dispatch for the entire Duke service area during 3rd shift hours.

Again, its not much, but I hope it helps, and is a start. I'm monitoring both the Charlotte & Salisbury systems in open mode so I can log TG's as I figure them out. I've also got my fiancee working on getting some more system info for me ( & you guys, lol ). Marshall, if you read this, do you think it would be worthy of a sticky at the the top so we can build on this. Its gonna be a busy storm season, and I think we could really build on this.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
The Greensboro system is located on top of the Koury Corporation tower at 3121 High Point Road in the radio room along with Koury's system. There are about 6 Motorola Quantar Repeaters in a rack up there.

krafteame

Hi Daniel, Im a real newbie trying to figure out how and what to try to set up my scanner. I noticed you had info on duke power for Salisbury/Granit Quarry. I live between Granit Quarry/Faith and China Grove. I am trying to figure out what to I would program in my scanner so I can listen to sheriff, ems, fire ect for the area. Can you help me out? I would be so grateful. Thanks in advance.
krafteame/Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.