Duke Energy P25 System

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Duke Energy is in the process of building out a new P25 Phase II system to cover it's service area across multiple states.

In the documents attached to the applications it appears this will be done over the next 4-5 years and have a total of 423 sites. The recent applications are for the first wave of sites in the project and cover parts of Florida, Indiana and Ohio. According to the documents the equipment for these sites is currently staged and ready for deployment to the tower site pending FCC approval.

I have programmed the frequencies for the sites in my area into a conventional system to monitor for activity, nothing yet.

lwvmobile

They should all have brand new state of the art radio equipment for how much they charge for electricity every month. That $10.58 "Customer Charge" and "Asset Securitization Charge", they had better be securing some new radio 'assets'. Don't even get me started on those "Taxes" and "Fees".

Attachments

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Looks like Duke Energy is in the process of building out a new P25 Phase II system to cover it's service area across multiple states.

In the documents attached to the applications it appears this will be done over the next 4-5 years and have a total of 423 sites. The recent applications are for the first wave of sites in the project and cover parts of Florida, Indiana and Ohio. According to the documents the equipment for these sites is currently staged and ready for deployment to the tower site pending FCC approval.

I have programmed the frequencies for the sites in my area into a conventional system to monitor for activity, nothing yet.

Even before these there were significant changes to existing licenses / modifications to existing licenses. Will likely be an ongoing thing over the course of the multi-year deployment.

It has also been discussed in this thread: Duke Energy Upgrade Coming??

And I have not updated my Google Map in a couple months but will update it this weekend.

M

JDrisc3480

They should all have brand new state of the art radio equipment for how much they charge for electricity every month. That $10.58 "Customer Charge" and "Asset Securitization Charge", they had better be securing some new radio 'assets'. Don't even get me started on those "Taxes" and "Fees".
Don't forget about the constant rate increases