Duke Energy P25 System

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I just dropped a update on FL side and got more sites and NL and other info needed. I was able to not to get close to some sites thank goodness I would have lost about 2 hours of time on the road. I have to do the other 2 sites when I go back east since they were further south than I thought on 1 site which is not listed on the update.

Quite a treasure trove from you the past couple of days. great job!

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Looks like Monroe, Ohio site 24.24 (Dicks Creek) is now showing an addition to its NL .... Site 11.11

DSD+ shows the CC to be 858.9125 (CC=8-1264) ; which, if I'm not mistaken, is going to be the Brookeville, Indiana site...

FCC License - WRJL868
Location #3

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Looks like Monroe, Ohio site 24.24 (Dicks Creek) is now showing an addition to its NL .... Site 11.11

DSD+ shows the CC to be 858.9125 (CC=8-1264) ; which, if I'm not mistaken, is going to be the Brookeville, Indiana site...

FCC License - WRJL868
Location #3

Thanks, Dave. wiki / map updated.

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
So it's been a while since there were any updates, has anyone gotten any new sites or even any talkgroups activate for testing?
Still nothing from the Charlotte area as of yesterday.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I just received a P25RX-II that I am hopefully going to be able to dedicate to the sites in the Cincinnati area to better monitor for activity. So far I haven't heard anything new but really haven't been monitoring much due to DSD+ being the only thing I had until now.

AuggieActually

Premium Subscriber
There has been 0 activity on my local site, other than an added neighbor last month. I don't have anything concrete to base this on, but I think there may be more sites to be commissioned before the network goes active. There are several sites listed as neighbors to existing sites that haven't been heard yet.

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
I've been guessing encryption since I learned about DE P25. Looks like it's just one talkgroup out of potential hundreds so let's just hope for the best at this time.

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Well, since we have some "possible" activity; I caught these middle of last month (mid-September-ish), off of the Monroe, Ohio - Dicks Creek site (24.24)....
Apologies for the "crappy" pics.... used what I had at the time to grab a quick pic...

Thought the activity may have been a fluke....

20210902_153806-a.jpg

20210916_121614-b.jpg

20210917_130426-c.jpg

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
I wonder what they're patched with that's bringing in the external ID.
Only time I've seen those are monitoring a local county fire and the tones go over

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I believe they have LTE PTT capabilities built into the radios so that could be a patch between the LTE and P25 talkgroups.

AESFTW

Premium Subscriber
I am curious what radios will be issued. Assuming the XL-95 or XL-185.

MSS-Dave

XL-185P and XL-200M for radios. Patching between the legacy systems and the new P25 will be necessary to accomplish the phased rollout next year starting in Florida and the Midwest states then moving to the Carolinas after that.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
When I drove thru Taylor County Fl Fri I meant to get info for the Mayo site info since it was listed south of the county. I was too busy working on a few sites for another system.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I was outside of Gainesville this past Fri and I was to lock into one site when I looked at the p25data and noticed site 17 showed up for a Control Channel. Didn't get the NL since I was too far from that site 17. I submitted that today.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Anybody have any ideas what the NAC or NACs are supposed to be for this system? Been attempting to figure out if I can get OP25 to work with this or not, but it wants a NAC but I don't see any listed on the database.

What ever the site dec/hex is that is the nac for that site. FPL is same setup.