Duke University freq.

KG4KHQ

The old Duke analog system carried a lot of non-public safety activity, things like maintenance, student activities and transportation. That kind of traffic is not on their VIPER talkgroups and I‘ve wondered where it all went.

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
The old Duke analog system carried a lot of non-public safety activity, things like maintenance, student activities and transportation. That kind of traffic is not on their VIPER talkgroups and I‘ve wondered where it all went.
I would recommend searching through the UHF band (450-470 MHz) and see if you can find anything that would seem like university ops. Either that or they use Ops 1-6. Heck, it wouldn't hurt to program the old Type II frequencies conventionally and see if you get control channel data, or maybe just standard 800MHz conventional traffic.

Chris0516

I was wondering that, too.
they may have switched over to a dmr system like the other universities have
Hmmm....