• Screenshot_20210718-203257_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210718-203257_Chrome.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20210718-203318_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210718-203318_Chrome.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 36

KG4KHQ

Premium Subscriber
The old Duke analog system carried a lot of non-public safety activity, things like maintenance, student activities and transportation. That kind of traffic is not on their VIPER talkgroups and I‘ve wondered where it all went.

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
The old Duke analog system carried a lot of non-public safety activity, things like maintenance, student activities and transportation. That kind of traffic is not on their VIPER talkgroups and I‘ve wondered where it all went.

I would recommend searching through the UHF band (450-470 MHz) and see if you can find anything that would seem like university ops. Either that or they use Ops 1-6. Heck, it wouldn't hurt to program the old Type II frequencies conventionally and see if you get control channel data, or maybe just standard 800MHz conventional traffic.

Chris0516

I was wondering that, too.
they may have switched over to a dmr system like the other universities have
Hmmm....

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
Chris, looking through another forum from N1GAW, according to his post " Duke University got two new licenses one VHF and the other UHF, as well as renewal for the TRS "

Attachments

• 08142021-License Grants.pdf
    114.7 KB · Views: 5

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I actually didn't know they had their own TRS. That'll be interesting. I guess if anyone is in the area, check through the frequencies listed in the license and see if you find anything

Neither did I and it would be nice to add it to the database if it is active. I'm too far away to hear it and with car issues right now unable to make the short trip. Hopefully someone else in the area can help, otherwise it will be September sometime before I can run DSD+, UT V2 and Pro96Com on it.

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
Going a little off topic, but I'm going to try to head out to WCU within the next few months to see what I can find out there. Apparently someone is over there running the school since the campus PD's encryption settings were updates (sadly) but I guess if the switch to a trucked system, we'll know pretty quickly.

Chris0516

Going a little off topic, but I'm going to try to head out to WCU within the next few months to see what I can find out there. Apparently someone is over there running the school since the campus PD's encryption settings were updates (sadly) but I guess if the switch to a trucked system, we'll know pretty quickly.
Do you mean Wake Forest University?

Status
Not open for further replies.