Dumb question - how to enable/LO talkgroups from radio (TRX-2)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theTastyCat

Hey all - I have several talkgroups of a large metropolitan PD in my radio; I feel stupid, but what's the easiest way to enable or lock out talkgroups on the fly? I went to "browse objects" and can see all the TGs that way, but pushing "SKIP" doesn't lock or unlock them as I assumed it might. Any ideas? Fn + numbers does things but I have no idea what's happening when I hit them :/

Thx all!

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Enable L/O talkgroups?

Skip=Lockout should be checked on the EZScan form OR on the scanner menu under Global Settings "EXPERT" there's a checkbox there. At least there is a (Skip=Lockout) function on my WS1080, I'm sure the TRX-2 has one somewhere. When you "browse objects" to push SKIP it will lock them out then.

Last edited by a moderator:

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
You should be able to hit Skip while the channel is active (without pausing or going into Browser mode). Or hold on the channel and then hit Skip. Keep in mind that Skip can be temporary. Objects that have been skipped remain that way through power cycles, but there is an option in the menu system to release all skipped objects. Once you select that they literally are ALL restored to an un-Skipped state. For a permanent Skip you need to lock them out instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.