Dumb Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTLNOK

Premium Subscriber
Trying to program an 800MHz Motorola Type II SmartZone (TRS) into my Uniden Bearcat BC9000XLT, this scanner is not a trunk tracker, so I can only program the frequencies conventionally, how do I do this without picking up the control / data channels while scanning?

kf4uuz

Enter all of the frequencies in the system you want to monitor.
When your 9000XLT stops on a control channel, permanently lock it out.
You will need to do this for all of the active control channels.
That should do it.
HTH

rwier

Enter all of the frequencies in the system you want to monitor.
When your 9000XLT stops on a control channel, permanently lock it out.
You will need to do this for all of the active control channels.
That should do it.
HTH

Used to listen to a trunked system that way. They changed the control channel each night, so first thing in the morning I had to unlock yesterday's control channel and lock out today's. (That was Glendale, AZ, about 13 years ago),

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
You should only have one active control channel at any given time.

Only lockout the current control channel.

On many systems the channel will change everyday so when you pickup the data from the control channel, lock it out and unlock the previous locked out channel.

You will also pickup all voice traffic on the system. There is no way to track or lockout talk groups on a conventional scanner.

The system that I stream is a five frequency system and can easily be monitored on a conventional scanner (at times I even use a Yaesu FT60R), but if your trying to follow a 28 frequency, county-wide system, with thousands of talk groups, it may be more difficult. (I use a BCT15 for the feed as I don't want to stream everything).

Last edited:

rwier

Y............................You will also pickup all voice traffic on the system. There is no way to track or lockout talk groups on a conventional scanner...................................

Boy, did that bring a "flashback"! Driving down the road with my right index finger on the scan button, lol. Had to quickly size up what I was hearing. PD I listened, Water, Sewer, Trash, Engineering, Traffic Engineering....Hit the scan button. Sure like my setup now a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.