Dundas/Rice County Migration to ARMER

Status
Not open for further replies.

rastab

Here is a link to an article about the Dundas City Council approving its share of funding for Rice County's migration to ARMER. There is reference to a new tower that is being constructed near Dundas and Northfield that will increase coverage in the northeast portion of Rice County.

I have questions about the use of encryption based on the police chief's comments in the article. Hopefully, encryption will be the exception, not the rule.

Dundas council approves funds for new radio system | Northfield News: News, sports, entertainment and advertising from Northfield, Minnesota

Brad
KD0LSL

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
Sounds to me to be the same as other ARMER users. Most LE agencies have encryption capable radios since units like SWAT and Drug Task Force use encryption. I don't know of any LE agency that currently uses encryption for normal dispatch activity, although a few do use it on their car to car talkgroups.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

BNSFConductor

Brad,
As you probably know from living in the Northfield Area, the Dundas City Administrator; whom was speaking for the Chief has his information incorrect. What is really sad is how the City of Dundas, rather than a team player amongst it's neighbors (i.e. NFLD and Rice County) refused to allow tower space for the ARMER System. When Rice County went to a new location just outside of Dundas, the City then attempted to stop the errecting of a new ARMER Tower, based on zoning agreements with Bridgewater Township.

Also, another little know fact, is Chief Mincke attempted to circumvent the purchasing of radio's via state bid, and insisted he could get them cheaper on EBAY. The County put a hault to this idea.

The Rice County System has been delayed numerous times on account of Dundas, hence why it is front page news in the Northfield News.

Status
Not open for further replies.