Dunellen upset with Piscataway dispatchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAMR213

Wahler added that it would cost Piscataway about $250,000 to monitor Dunellen on the lower frequency because of the need to hire additional personnel. He also said that Dunellen could shop for other dispatch services, but none would be as inexpensive as Piscataway.

Wait, so they need to hire additional dispatchers because one one more frequency to monitor, even though they already dispatch for the agency using it? Huh???

Also, Dunellen PD are on the Somerset County TRS - I assume they are also dispatched by Somerset County? I'd imagine the DFD could always move to that system as well (and possibly even save money, contrary to what Mr. Wahler states).

Wait, so they need to hire additional dispatchers because one one more frequency to monitor, even though they already dispatch for the agency using it? Huh???

Also, Dunellen PD are on the Somerset County TRS - I assume they are also dispatched by Somerset County? I'd imagine the DFD could always move to that system as well (and possibly even save money, contrary to what Mr. Wahler states).

Yeah, I know. Why the need for so much money to monitor one frequency they already dispatch for? I dunno, ever since the switch to Piscataway, all there has been are complaints. FD should make the move to Somerset as well.

As for the PD, they're still dispatched by Piscataway on the Somerset system. Everything in this town runs off Piscataway dispatchers. Even the 911 calls go straight to Piscataway. I miss when everything was handled downtown. But Dunellen doesn't want to cough up the money for their own dispatchers and equipment, so this is what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.