Dupage Co talkgroup question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick223

Feed Provider
Curious on what you hear in this talk group is anyone monitoring it?

Attachments

• dupage starcom.jpg
    dupage starcom.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 258

N9JIG

Sheriff
"Local" talkgroups are usually used for whatever that community needs, it could be a channel used to coordinate between departments, as an extra channel for Car-Car traffic etc. A common situation in suburban Chicago was for police to use the PW channel as car-car, especially in the evenings and weekends. The "Local" channels often replace that and give a channel to allow for inter-agency activities like parades and fires.

nick223

Feed Provider
"Local" talkgroups are usually used for whatever that community needs, it could be a channel used to coordinate between departments, as an extra channel for Car-Car traffic etc. A common situation in suburban Chicago was for police to use the PW channel as car-car, especially in the evenings and weekends. The "Local" channels often replace that and give a channel to allow for inter-agency activities like parades and fires.

So probably shouldn't add that TG then. Haha

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
I have most of the nearby municipalities programmed in my scanners. TONS of information not normally heard on the dispatch channels, as Rich described above. The surveillance, tactical, undercover, and gang units are encrypted, but the rest of the routine car-car traffic can be, and is always worth listening to!

nick223

Feed Provider
I have most of the nearby municipalities programmed in my scanners. TONS of information not normally heard on the dispatch channels, as Rich described above. The surveillance, tactical, undercover, and gang units are encrypted, but the rest of the routine car-car traffic can be, and is always worth listening to!

Thanks.

Any other tips on talkgroups and sites that are accessible from Bolingbrook. I have all the normal isp, pd, fire, ems. Not sure what sites I can hit from Bolingbrook though. Trying to set up a home patrol 2 for a family member.

I mostly use the custom 1-8 list. Not really a big fan on zip code scanning since you get a lot of non sense.

Custom 1 -Bolingbrook conventional pd, FD, Mabas channels.

Custom 2 - will co starcom wescom, Grundy, Mabas

Custom 3- isp starcom D5,D2,D15

Custom 4- dupage co starcom sheriff , police , fire, Ducomm and municipalities

Custom 5- Starcom utilities , IDOT D1

Then on custom 6 I got the site search on

sites for the starcom custom groups (not sure what will pick up or not)

-Dupage co simulcast 001

-Cook co North simulcast 002

-049 (31)Cook North / NWCD - Simulcast

-Will co simulcast 013

-050 (32)Chicago Area

ve3opc

I used to live in Addison...Can anyone tell me of what TG or frequencies I can find Villa Park/ Addison Law enforcement on ?.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
I used to live in Addison...Can anyone tell me of what TG or frequencies I can find Villa Park/ Addison Law enforcement on ?.

Both agencies dispatched on the STARCOM21 statewide trunked system. Villa Park (and Lombard PDs) dispatched on TG 2607, Addison PD (currently patched together with Westmont PD) on either TG 2601 or 2604.

Status
Not open for further replies.