Dupage County Sheriff Freq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sosaerial

I am using a Uniden BC346XT and Freescan. I have brought in Dupage County Sheriff info and am unsure why I cannot get any TX from there channel.
856.3250 DCS 205. If I receive a TX it is extremely weak and drops out right away.
PS; I am assuming this is there main dispatch channel?
Any Help is appreciated

sosaerial

Sorry I my first post was wrong.
I have that freq. and code in and it still is acting the same.
CH1=857.3625, CH2=854.9625, both DCS205

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

sosaerial

Ok I went back into the setting and changed the "Mod" setting for the above frequencies from "FM" to "AUTO" and that seems to help alot.

Not sure if that tweek was what was really needed.....

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Dupage Sheriff

dupage county sheriff repeaters really suck somedays they work great somedays you wont hardly pick up anything without an outdoor antenna. I have even heard the sheriffs say they cant copy radio comms at times. where are you located in dupage county? that might help if you are to close to a repeater site it overloads both my 396xt and psr500 around lake and 53 also in wheaton by the county buildings and a few more places were the signal was to strong for the radio, but most of the time you can hear them fine. Personally i monitor them with a xts5000 and that has worked the best but its a long stretch and alot of money away from your goal if used for just casual listening. also you might want to ass the 800mhz dirs freq in p25 mode to your scanlist. thats where the fun stuff happens. if you have any other questions about them dont hesitate to ask

Bob

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
just saw you were in st charles dont know if anybody else on this forum monitors them from out there but you may be in a fringe recieve position. you dont hear much if youre not in the county. and i think for the most part st charles is kane.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Bob is correct about Dupage Co, here in Joliet there fine on outside antennas, on the mobile scanner the RS800mgz rubber duck is much better than the stock....

sosaerial

I am by Dupage Airport, so run the outer west edge and at times move around Dpg. I just picked up a 800mgz antenna and have found a great improvement. With that said I have seen some trade-offs but not enough to be concerned.

Hey Rbrtklamp2....Not sure what you mean by "add the 800 mhz dirs freq".?

Thanks for your help.

N9JIG

Sheriff
DIRS is the DuPage Inter-Operability Radio System, a set of 3 linked channels that allow users of VHF, UHF or 800 radios to intercommunicate. It was such a good idea that Cook County is building a similar system.

Here are the freqs from the CARMA Profile:

158.7900 131.8 VHF channel obtained from the DuPage County Sheriff’s Office
470.2625 146.2 UHF Channel obtained from DU-COMM
855.6375 100.0 800 MHz. (Was 860.2625 before rebanding)

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
855.6375 w/ nac 293 is dupage tac/meg and since it has been warming up it has been pretty active if you p25 capable scanner throw it in you wont be disappoitned

Status
Not open for further replies.