DuPage County Sheriff going to ACDC for dispatch services

Status
Not open for further replies.

officerdave

Retired LEO
Simple ACDC is cheaper .... inside info cant say more

NO the dumb part is IF you are going to consolidate dispatch centers , then DuPage should have gone to one Mega Center for the entire county . That was not done because of politics and turf wars .... I could care less anymore who answers me on the radio, as long as they are professional and get me the assistance I need.

officerdave

Retired LEO
politics and turf wars

Oh well just another day in DuPage County . Still no confirm on DCSO going to ACDC . Inside guy says he doesnt know offically . Maybe the power of the Sheriff won out . Funny how other states have centralized dispatch in their Sheriffs office , serving all the respective local communities........ but heck I can always call into the other dispatch center, ask them to " turn on the patch" hope it works and our respective guys/gals can find it on their 5,000 channel radios ..... or better yet on my last interops call.... called neighboring dispatch center, " can you have unit ... switch to IREACH on this call " neighboring dispatch center " nope , give us your TX and we will have our responding unit call you " ( mind you I am running code, no blue tooth) ..... me " but your guy is about 300 yards away from me, I just cant see him " same answer ........ that my friends is interops out here in the real world.... turf wars you aint having access to my stuff ...... FIRE is much better sorry to say

ilgrant

Although DuComm and ACDC seem to be almost simultaneous with each other. There have been some recent structure fire calls originating in one or the other jurisdiction but requiring auto-aid from departments. ACDC would be toning out and just a couple of seconds later DuComm would be toning out for auto-aid (I have them both setup on different scanners). The same vice-versa. It almost seemed like they were interconnected with their dispatching - almost like they were in the same room at different consoles (which they aren't).

As for MidwestRadio's question - I agree that Werinshades probably has the best guess. It could also be cost, Load-sharing, Manpower/staffing, etc etc.

Dupage has a county wide computer aided dispatch system. All dispatch agencies can see each others calls. That is why in most cases you will see ACDC dispatch mutual aid resources seconds after DuComm generates their dispatch and vice versa. DuPage Sheriff is also on this system.

officerdave

Retired LEO
All of DuPage , is on the County Wide CAD system , minus Naperville. I dont know however if a squad can see another dispatch centers calls. Can Downers Grove car on DuComm , see a Westmont call on ACDC? My county buddy's CAD usually only has his guys/gals calls up and mapped. Might be his choice to only follow his agency.

N9JIG

Sheriff
All of DuPage , is on the County Wide CAD system , minus Naperville. I dont know however if a squad can see another dispatch centers calls. Can Downers Grove car on DuComm , see a Westmont call on ACDC? My county buddy's CAD usually only has his guys/gals calls up and mapped. Might be his choice to only follow his agency.
Depending on the CAD system in place the ability to see another agencies calls is configurable, with permissions set for each user.

We had a shared CAD system and we would set our dispatcher windows with one window that only showed our calls and another that would see all calls on the system for all agencies. On the Mobile side we allowed the Supervisors to see all agencies if they wanted it. We would set different colors for each agency.

officerdave

Retired LEO
just asked him today , as he was working DuPage .....yes he can see other agencies activity on the Countywide CAD. I just wish we could see contacts with persons outside of our own town.

jx87jx

The sheriffs office are part of the DuPage County ETSB. The Dupage ETSB includes DU-COMM and ACDC dispatch centers. Every ETSB radio has every dispatch channel programmed in it. It’s up to the user to find the correct channel. Easier said then done sometimes. They also have State Police, NWCD and a few others too

officerdave

Retired LEO
I will ask my friend IF he knows what other channels are in his DEDIRS radio. I know he scans ISPERN and his dispatch channel on his portable.

Status
Not open for further replies.