duplexer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I hope you found my thread about the diplexer, a duplexer is a whole 'nuther animal. Don't apologize, you're not the only one who may confuse Tin Lee with Bruce Lee. (;->)

pappy1

I hope you found my thread about the diplexer, a duplexer is a whole 'nuther animal. Don't apologize, you're not the only one who may confuse Tin Lee with Bruce Lee. (;->)

Please show a shortcut to your thread about the diplexer, one to the duplexer would be nice to,

I looked and can't find them. Thanks

kb2vxa

Banned
Pappy you ask too much of me, that thread is buried down so far I'm not sure if the search engine can find the right one. Why not send TB a PM and ask him where he found it or maybe another one like it? I wish you luck and hope you turn mine up, it's unique because ham diplexers may or may not meet your requirements but a custom job will.

If all else fails Google Tin Lee Electronics in Toronto and search the pages for something that comes close, then contact them and take it from there. That's what I did after exhausting all other resources including getting the run around from several American CATV equipment manufacturers. Yup, since cable TV covers the same frequencies my hunch paid off brilliantly.

kb2vxa

Banned
You guys are all missing the point by a mile! So far the application has not been stated so you're trying to catch a black cat in a coal mine at midnight. A diplexer is a very frequency specific device having a low range, a high range and a crossover frequency, there is no such thing as one size fits all. That's why I suggested Pappy look over the Tin Lee web site to find those ranges and select the one that is the closest match. If not exact he then must contact the manufacturer to discuss what he needs. I found them very helpful, they made one to my exact specifications.

pappy1

You guys are all missing the point by a mile! So far the application has not been stated so you're trying to catch a black cat in a coal mine at midnight. A diplexer is a very frequency specific device having a low range, a high range and a crossover frequency, there is no such thing as one size fits all. That's why I suggested Pappy look over the Tin Lee web site to find those ranges and select the one that is the closest match. If not exact he then must contact the manufacturer to discuss what he needs. I found them very helpful, they made one to my exact specifications.

First, Thank you for the information, very helpful. On the Tin Lee site there were none that would work for me. I was under the impresasion that one would do for all. This has been a learning experence for me. So much for my project.

kb2vxa

Banned
Don't give up so easy when Mister Know It All is here. What is the low frequency range, the high frequency range and the crossover frequency? If you didn't find anything that even came close I'm surprised so it seems a closer look at your project is in order. Then maybe you don't know what I'm talking about so what are you trying to accomplish?

Is that what's troubling you Bunky? Never give up, never give up, never give up that ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.