Duplicate freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way when you put a freq in the scanner it will let you no if it is a DUPLICATE FREQ.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Is there a way when you put a freq in the scanner it will let you no if it is a DUPLICATE FREQ.

Yes. If you have a newer generation uniden scanner,from the bc 780xlt on up then there is a prompt on the display that will ask you if you are sure you want to enter it.
N9ZAS

cfr301

Well, the software that MOST use in programming the GRE (Radio Shack 106 and 197) Scanners allows you to check for Duplicate frequencies. And you can set Dupe in your GRE scanner and it will tell you the freq already programed.

Having said that there are times when you need a dupe frequency. Example in conv. freq. most fire depts around here use 154.370 for tone out, if you don't set a squelch tone for that freq you will hear every fire dept within a hundred miles. So in my case there are two county dispatches that I want to hear on that freq, I have a dupe with different squelch tones for that freq. If you run a dupe check with the software they show up as dupes.

The same can apply for MARC TG that are borderline on one tower or another while your mobile setting a dupe assigned to a different tower works good for that too.

Rick

crca

Duplicates for T15x

Can some one tell me how to put duplicates in my new BCT15X,it is not taking dups.
Thank you
Charlie

qlajlu

Silent Key
Can some one tell me how to put duplicates in my new BCT15X,it is not taking dups.
Thank you
Charlie

I don't have a BCT15X, but from the manual on page 62 I found the following statement.

If you enter a frequency for a conventional channel and that frequency is already stored, the display shows Frequency Exists Accept? (Y/N)

You can confirm acceptance or press [.No] to cancel.

Hope that helps.

crca

I am trying to put freq's in Edac's (12) there are three duplicates,any help there.
Thank you for your help.
Charlie

JRR4607

Premium Subscriber
I have a PSR 500 and how do you set Dupe in your GRE scanner tell you the freq already programed.

Well, the software that MOST use in programming the GRE (Radio Shack 106 and 197) Scanners allows you to check for Duplicate frequencies. And you can set Dupe in your GRE scanner and it will tell you the freq already programed.

Having said that there are times when you need a dupe frequency. Example in conv. freq. most fire depts around here use 154.370 for tone out, if you don't set a squelch tone for that freq you will hear every fire dept within a hundred miles. So in my case there are two county dispatches that I want to hear on that freq, I have a dupe with different squelch tones for that freq. If you run a dupe check with the software they show up as dupes.

The same can apply for MARC TG that are borderline on one tower or another while your mobile setting a dupe assigned to a different tower works good for that too.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.