Duplicate Frequency and BCT15x

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmaster723

Greene Co EDACS

The data base is showing duplicate freqs and blank spaces within the sequences for both the county system and the city of Xenia. Anybody have success reprogramming since the rebanding ??

bigbud42010

first off buddy rebanding has no affect on EDACS system so your good it just depends on what you wanna hear on your radio if you wanna hear everything from xenia fire and police to bellbrook and sugarcreek twnshp use the primary channels but program them in LCN order starting at channel 01 not 00 setting them all as ED channels or if you wanna hear just xenia programming them AGAIN in LCN order starting at channel 01 NOT 00 and on the xenia channels leave channels 06 thru 08 blank and skip to channel 09

bassmaster723

Reply to Bigbud42010

it is an EDAC system, it is affected by rebanding. Both the Greene Co and Xenia systems are combination systems with frequencies owned by Greene Co, City of Xenia, and other agencies along with WS electronics. The frequencies privately owned by WS are not affected by the rebanding. However, the public frequencies used by Greene Co and Xenia are.

Look at the Data Base. I am looking at printouts before and after the rebanding. For Greene Co the first 4 slots and freqs are the same. Slot (05), 855.8375 is new and replaces 860.8875. Slot (07) 855.8375 is new, and slot (10) 860.1625 is also new.

As for Xenia, slot (01) 851.2250, slot (02) 851.9625, slot (03) 852.4125, slot (04) 852.4625, and slot (05) 853.4375 are all new which replaced 866.2250, 866.9625, 867.4125, 867.4625, 868.4375 respectively. Slots (06), (07), and (08) are blank. Slots (09) through (13) are duplicates of slots (01) through (05).

My question is, on the Green Co system, the freq 855.8375 is listed in 2 different slots, (05) and (07). On the Xenia system, slots (09) through (13) are duplicates of slots (01) through (05).

Since EDAC systems have to have the freqs entered in the exact order, what do you do with the dupicate freqs on that Greene Co system ? My scanners will not accept a duplicate frequency on an EDAC system. And, what do you do with the blank slots and duplicate freqs on the Xenia system ? Do you just skip them ?

I have approx 45 scanners ( both 396 Ts and XTs and 996Ts and XTs) remotely covering 15 different counties. This rebanding is driving me crazy. The firmware updates and the Motorola systems are a big enough pain but the way the info is listed in the Database for the these two EADAC systems ( the first two to reband in this area) are really throwing me.

I'm hoping to find someone who has already dealt with these two systems with success.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
What is listed in the database is correct as my PSR-800 follows the system perfectly.

bassmaster723 said:
My question is, on the Green Co system, the freq 855.8375 is listed in 2 different slots, (05) and (07). On the Xenia system, slots (09) through (13) are duplicates of slots (01) through (05).

That is the way WS Electronics has set the system up, despite the same frequencies being used twice, it is correct.

As BigBud stated, rebanding only affects scanners on tracking Motorola 3600 Baud systems.
Rebanding in no way affects a scanner's ability (including older trunk tracking scanners) in tracking standard EDACS systems.
This has already been proven with Clinton County EDACS rebanding several years ago.

Last edited:

jackcf

I'm setting up a EDACS trunked system on my BCT15x. When I get to the point where you enter the site frequencies the LC 05 and 07 have the same frequency. When I tried to enter the LC 07 frequency I was not able to because it already existed in LC 05. To temporarily get around the problem I enter another frequency just to hold the LC 07 spot, so I can keep them in order, and will change it later.

Can you enter duplicate frequencies? If so how?

Any suggestions on what to do?

Maybe this is an error in RRs DB......

The location is Greene County Ohio.

jackcf

What is listed in the database is correct as my PSR-800 follows the system perfectly.

That is the way WS Electronics has set the system up, despite the same frequencies being used twice, it is correct.

Then how do you set it up if you scanner, I have a BCT15x, doesn't allow you enter the duplicate frequency?

captclint

Mentor
I'm setting up a EDACS trunked system on my BCT15x. When I get to the point where you enter the site frequencies the LC 05 and 07 have the same frequency. When I tried to enter the LC 07 frequency I was not able to because it already existed in LC 05.
Welcome to RR. I would suspect either 05 or 07 is in error, as I don't think you can have duplicate freq on EDACS. I would go to Ohio Forum and ask. Yes, you can enter duplicates, and you probably need to until you find out which is in error. The BC249 had this problem, and the only way around it was to load the frequencies with software. FreeSCAN - Sixspot Software FreeSCAN is free, and will make your life easier as well. You may need a cable for the USB port. http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Connecting_scanners_via_USB

Last edited:

jackcf

Welcome to RR. I would suspect either 05 or 07 is in error, as I don't think you can have duplicate freq on EDACS. I would go to Ohio Forum and ask. Yes, you can enter duplicates, and you probably need to until you find out which is in error. The BC249 had this problem, and the only way around it was to load the frequencies with software. FreeSCAN - Sixspot Software FreeSCAN is free, and will make your life easier as well. You may need a cable for the USB port. Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

Unfortunately that will not run on any of my computers.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Two LCN's on the same site is not possible (on either the system side or the scanner side). I'd evaluate the given frequencies against WNZB282 (GREENE, COUNTY OF) FCC Callsign Details to determine what frequency is missing, then try the missing frequency in each slot. If you figure out which one is wrong (and what the correct config is), be sure to submit the info for correction in the database.

jackcf

Two LCN's on the same site is not possible (on either the system side or the scanner side). I'd evaluate the given frequencies against WNZB282 (GREENE, COUNTY OF) FCC Callsign Details to determine what frequency is missing, then try the missing frequency in each slot. If you figure out which one is wrong (and what the correct config is), be sure to submit the info for correction in the database.

The problem is not duplicate LCN's but more than one LCN having the same frequency. The Primary site for Greene county has LCN 05 and 07 both having a frequency of 855.8375.

captclint

Mentor
The problem is not duplicate LCN's but more than one LCN having the same frequency. The Primary site for Greene county has LCN 05 and 07 both having a frequency of 855.8375.
What we are both saying is that EDACS does not work that way. You can not have 2 LCN's with the same freq. UPMan(He is the tech rep for Uniden) is more knowledgeable than a lot of us on this site, and his suggestion was a good one. Pick LCN05 to have 855.8375 and see if it gets any traffic. If not after a week or, so pick LCN07 for 855.8375.
Once you narrow down which LCN is correct, you can go and add the other freq's on the license in the other LCN until you see traffic on one of them. Don't for get to ask on the Ohio Forum. There is a good chance someone knows about the error.

Last edited:

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I have no experience with the BCT15x, so I have no solution to offer. All the scanners I have allow me to add the same frequencies as many times as I may wish. My Pro-97 will ask No or Yes to enter it when I already have the same frequency somewhere in the scanner, but I can tell it to accept to it or not.
It works fine with the Greene County EDACS system. That may a question best asked to "UpMan" either via PM or in the Uniden forum.

jackcf

I have no experience with the BCT15x, so I have no solution to offer. All the scanners I have allow me to add the same frequencies as many times as I may wish. My Pro-97 will ask No or Yes to enter it when I already have the same frequency somewhere in the scanner, but I can tell it to accept to it or not.
It works fine with the Greene County EDACS system. That may a question best asked to "UpMan" either via PM or in the Uniden forum.

I just tried something and I can enter duplicate frequencies for a conventional system but not for the site frequencies for an EDACS system. What I did was when I came to a duplicate frequency I just didn't enter it. It seems to be working but I'm not 100% certain about.

It would be know nice to know for sure though.

captclint

Mentor
What I did was when I came to a duplicate frequency I just didn't enter it. It seems to be working but I'm not 100% certain about.
It would be know nice to know for sure though.
Yes, having no frequency entered for one or more LCN's will appear as if it is working until either LCN05 or 07 are called upon by the controller. In some cases, you will miss an entire conversation, and in others, only partial conversations. If you really want to know for sure, as you say, then do as I said in my previous msg and enter 855.8375 in LCN 05 and then 07.

jackcf

Looks like my problem has been solved. :)
The site frequencies for Greene county have been updated and the update has eliminated duplicates.

Now my question is do I have to re-enter all the site frequencies from scratch or can I just edit them and still be ok? I know they have to be LCN order but does the editing of the frequencies change the order?

captclint

Mentor
Looks like my problem has been solved. :)
The site frequencies for Greene county have been updated and the update has eliminated duplicates.

Now my question is do I have to re-enter all the site frequencies from scratch or can I just edit them and still be ok? I know they have to be LCN order but does the editing of the frequencies change the order?
Just edit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.