Duplicates in Contra Costa Co, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
What are the rules on doubling up agencies on feeds?

There are 6 feeds I'm talking about.

3 of 6 feeds cover Contra Costa Co Fire central channel
2 of 6 feeds cover Concord and Clayton PD
2 of 6 feeds cover Antioch and Brentwood PD
3 of 6 feeds cover San Ramon Valley Fire District (one being an official feed from the department)
3 of 6 feeds cover Contra Costa Co Sheriff Central
2 of 6 feeds cover Contra Costa Co Fire east and west channel

I'm just thinking this is overkill? Can't some of these be consolidated from the feed providers? Maybe they are competing for listeners?

Just seems like a waste for 3 people to provide the exact same thing.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
As long as a feed is not an EXACT(meaning 2 feeds broadcasting Concord and Clayton PD only) than its ok.

kma371

QRT
As long as a feed is not an EXACT(meaning 2 feeds broadcasting Concord and Clayton PD only) than its ok.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I still think that's a waste. Most of these feeds are providing at least 10 freqs, the less they provide of the duplicates, the faster the scanning will be and the ability to listen to the other freqs improves.

just my 2 cents :)

richtidd

Database Admin
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I still think that's a waste. Most of these feeds are providing at least 10 freqs, the less they provide of the duplicates, the faster the scanning will be and the ability to listen to the other freqs improves.

just my 2 cents :)

Kendirk is correct.

Each of those feeds cover different agency combination's.

Remember, it is up to the feed owner to decide what to feed and they provide feeds for mainly one reason: What they want to listen to.
Others listening to their feed is extra.

We make sure it is not a exact dupe of an existing feed and they comply with our TOS for what not to feed.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
As a feed provider I get these...Why not lock out this or that so I can hear what I want? Why don't they go out and buy a scanner and they can program what they want. lol My feed they get to hear what I monitor, why would I limit what I want to listen to. Sure some times I lock out things so that I can cover ACTIVE events but mostly limiting systems ends up with DEAD AIR.

KC9LVX

Status
Not open for further replies.