Durand IL PD gets first APEX NEXT portables in state

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
You would think that the model would at least be correctly spelled in thread title on a site called RadioReference. :sneaky:

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
New toys for the village of Durand IL, Population 1,300. Helluva purchase for a department with handful of officers. These things are what 10+ grand a piece? What communications issue was the problem that only two APX radios solved? It makes it sound like they replaced their 2 cans and a string

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
That's that "Sheriff" Mr. Encryption up there in Winnebago County IL who decided citizens have no reason or right to hear things like mass shootings in action at Don Carter Lanes, CherryVale Mall gang shootouts or F4 Tornadoes on the way near Rockford IL. Yeah, Durand IL sure is a small place to spend that much on. You could use two CB radios and keep in touch. Not like there are mountains or high RF problems in flat open fields in northern IL

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
So, is this just P25 conventional??? 2 Squad Cars. I'm the database admin. I thought I knew most every town in the state. Never heard of Durand, LOL.

Starcom21

IL /MO/Global DB Adm!n
Database Admin
I guess STARCOM21 is the answer, with the S Beloit tower so close... and the Rockford Simulcast not far away.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin

vest2208

Premium Subscriber
Too bad they weren't the first in the state though .. We've had some since last May, and Park Ridge got them in late January.

Status
Not open for further replies.