• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Durango radio setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieselFF918

I have decided to make some changes to the setup in my Durango, making my setup more permanent.

I have a base plate on order from Jotto Desk, that will bolt in place of the center seat section, and an equipment console will be bolted on top of that. I will also be installing some new radios and emergency equipment.

The picture blow is of my setup currently.

IMAG0034.jpg

Last edited:

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Mmmm, cheese whiz!

I hate to have loose gear that rattles around. Good luck, ask questions if you need to and post pics.

DieselFF918

I sure hope your NEW layout looks a lot better!

Oh yes, it will look much better. I threw that setup together on a budget, now I have a better job, and can afford to do it the way I want, and make it better.

Mmmm, cheese whiz!

I hate to have loose gear that rattles around. Good luck, ask questions if you need to and post pics.

Yeah, the Easy Cheese is for my dog, my local vet got him hooked on it, LOL.

The way I had it set up was starting to work loose, so I dismantled it to try to fit a console under the dash, but it would need more cutting and fitting than I really want to do, so I decided to go this route. I am hoping to get it done soon, because my radios and equipment slide all over the place sitting there like that.

DieselFF918

Well, got 2 pieces to my puzzle today. The floor plate from Jotto Desk was waiting on my door step, when I came home at lunch, and I also picked up a major piece, which is a new fullsize LED light bar.

I will post pics when I get batteries for my camera.

DieselFF918

Well, I wasn't able to get batteries for my camera to day, so I took the pictured with my phone.

The first picture is my new light bar, the second picture the the Jotto Desk floor plate for my console.

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

DieselFF918

Well, the light bar and hopefully the floor plate will be installed today, a used console had been ordered, and will arrive via the brown truck on Monday.

DieselFF918

Well, light bar and console floor plate are installed and look great. I have a used 8" console on the way, should be here Monday. I will post pics tomorrow, when it is light out.

DieselFF918

Update: I have purchased another piece to my setup, a DLI-8300 rugged tablet, I have attached the picture from the ebay listing. I will take better pictures when it arrives.

I hopefully will be getting the face plates I need for my console tomorrow, so I can start mounting my equipment.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZHJEgE88d2OW)9BPWstcPLsw~~60_58.JPG
    $(KGrHqZHJEgE88d2OW)9BPWstcPLsw~~60_58.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 662
Status
Not open for further replies.