Durham City / County

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
Monitoring the Durham trunked system for the last 48 hours produced a list of a couple frequencies not listed in Radio Reference. Can anyone confirm or suggest how I may have picked up something in error?

I was monitoring the control channel only on 2 different scanners: Uniden BCD996T and Uniden BC780XLT. I also noticed some P25 talk groups on the Durham system.

Those frequencies are-

BC

jeffmulter

Fort Mill, S.C. (just south of Charlotte, N.C.)
>> Can anyone confirm or suggest how I may have picked up something in error?

You didn't !

Although the two additional frequencies are not in the RR database yet, they are now part of Durham's TRS license, callsign WPGD687. The associated letters relating to the reassignment from Nextel to Durham (rebanding) are also attached to this callsign file.

Your experience also indicates the value of normally monitoring a Motorola trunked system in control-channel-only mode ... and / or monitoring the data off the control channel occasionally for new frequencies and talkgroups.

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
Durham frequencies

Jeff, thanks. I didn't think I was crazy. I actually checked the call sign data and saw they were there. I am also finding many TGs not on the RR list. I publish that list, maybe tonight.

I have been monitoring for many years and really love the new digital systems we have here. They make monitoring much easier. Also I truly like the BCD996T. I still use the other systems I have: BC780XLT, Pro2053 and BC9000XLT for the non digital systems. Although I am picking up P25 TGs on the Durham system.

BC

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Jeff, thanks. I didn't think I was crazy. I actually checked the call sign data and saw they were there. I am also finding many TGs not on the RR list. I publish that list, maybe tonight.

I have been monitoring for many years and really love the new digital systems we have here. They make monitoring much easier. Also I truly like the BCD996T. I still use the other systems I have: BC780XLT, Pro2053 and BC9000XLT for the non digital systems. Although I am picking up P25 TGs on the Durham system.

BC

Brian-
Glad you are able to help us update Durham's system info...I would ask that you please submit the updated talkgroup IDs via the RR.com submission form so that we can make sure it gets worked....posting the info here in the forums is helpful as well but the only way one of us Database Admins will see a proper submission is via the "Submit" tab at the top of every trunked system...
Thanks and good to have you around!
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

P.S. I went ahead and added the above freqs to Durhams listing...

Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I have also added some talkgroups I received from a friend...hopefully this will match up with some of what you have Brian...
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

BCasto

Premium Subscriber
Durham frequencies

Marshall, thanks a bunch. I appreciate all you do. Is there anythign I can do to help with the work load? I have a little time over the next few weeks.

BC

Status
Not open for further replies.