Durham City Police Ten Codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Same with the NCSHP, all the ones I have found are not complete (including the ones in RR)

Frinkruds

Good news - a google search found GENERAL ORDERS MANUAL – SERIES 1000 - City of Durham which has Durham Police 10 codes on page 424, although the doc seems to be from 2006. I'll work in updating the wiki.

On a side note, if you're listening to Durham City Fire Dispatch when FD gets sent to locations on Duke campus the ops channel given is "Duke FD 1", but I'm not sure how to listen to that and don't see it in the database.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
On a side note, if you're listening to Durham City Fire Dispatch when FD gets sent to locations on Duke campus the ops channel given is "Duke FD 1", but I'm not sure how to listen to that and don't see it in the database.

Most Duke comms are on viper, I'd check those TGs (might not be listed as FD 1, but maybe OPS 1

overtheair

Just to note, 10-37 @ DSO is Registered Sex Offender, we also had sub's but I can't remember them off hand. They were related to actual call's the Sex Offender Deputies called out on and clearing aside the 1024 clear codes.
DPD also knew what 1037 was but if they actually had it assigned as the same ten code, I do not know.
DPD also has a clear code of CS which I never heard of till I started listening to them 6 months or so ago, though this could be code 16.

We also had our own signal 30, but was a ten code. I can't remember what it was hah.

I never submitted to the db as I am not 100% sure if 37 is radio secure, or sex offender. It has been several years.

Last edited:

Frinkruds

The GENERAL ORDERS MANUAL – SERIES 1000 - City of Durham referenced above says 10-37 is "reserved" for Durham Police Department (search " TEN-CODES" in the PDF).

It seems "Duke FD 1" mentioned on Durham City Fire Dispatch is actually under NC Viper -> Duke University -> "FD EMS 1". So I guess Durham Fire and EMS switch over from Durham P25 to NC Viper when responding to calls on the Duke campus and use this Multi-tac channel to communicate with Duke personnel.

overtheair

The GENERAL ORDERS MANUAL – SERIES 1000 - City of Durham referenced above says 10-37 is "reserved" for Durham Police Department (search " TEN-CODES" in the PDF).

Just never allocated or needed. I also had not submitted it to the DB since there is no Sheriff list and Police list as all the ten codes are not the same, but mostly are. I am not sure why I never messaged or submitted a update for a complete Sheriff list while I worked there, I had a list. I think since they were so similar, it would not have mattered that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.