durham region phase 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodman

any news if we will be able to scan, 700 MHz P25 Phase 2 simulcast system next gen for durham 2014

robashton4h

Premium Subscriber
The switch over has began, Uxbridge Fire in Durham Region are using the new radios.

bigcam406

northern Durham Region fire dept's have been on Bell Fleetnet for a few years now.look it up in the database.no changeover as of yet.

SCPD

QRT
So are all of the dept's that switched over to Fleetnet a little while ago now going over to 700mhz?

Yes, not sure of those radios can be flashed or are multiband and same with Durham transit, they are also going on the new Durham system.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
No, they won't be multiband radios. I can't see their transition to Fleetnet being a temporary thing.

SCPD

QRT
No, they won't be multiband radios. I can't see their transition to Fleetnet being a temporary thing.

It is apparently for fire and transit, it was in the RFP apparently, Ideally they want one system for the region with full interoperability.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
OPP won't leave Fleetnet and join the Durham system.... They are under contract with Bell (or whoever administers it now) until I think 2017. If the Durham radios are to be multiband then that could be used for Interop... but again that doesn't make sense when you can just setup a patch. Plus... the Durham system is a Harris system.. Meaning their P25 radios will NOT do Type II trunking as required for Fleetnet. That's why I really don't think they will be multiband radios (unless they consider 7/800 mhz multiband).. But not multiband as in VHF/700/800.

I gotta say though... The Harris Unity multiband radios are one sexy beast!

http://www.racom.com/products/harris-unity-xg-100m/68/10,0,0,0

bigcam406

north Durham fire dept's switch to Fleetnet was a temporary fix to solve coverage problems.once the new system is up and running,they'll be switching back over.this new system is a 19 site simulcast system,so coverage for Durham region shouldn't be a problem.as for the DRT,my friend who works there,installed the new radios in the buses,said to me last year that it was a total waste of money as they will be changing again in 2016,but the region wanted to be on one system temporarily until then.so the only alternative was to join the Metrolinks system.lots of waste going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.