Durham Regional PS

Status
Not open for further replies.

robashton4h

Premium Subscriber
Took a quick look thru the posts and didn't see anything, so I will ask the question. I saw a story in some newspaper a few months back that Durham PS was looking for a new radio system. The reason given was dead spots in the current system. Does anyone have anymore info, ie what system and encryception? Thanks Rob

VE3RADIO

They have no choice but to switch as IDEN will be dead next year. I know a couple DRPS guys and they love the fact nobody can hear them.. so encryption is likley... unless they switch to the existing Motorola Fire Trunk.

bigcam406

i find it highly unlikely that they will go to the existing trunking system here already.your right,encryption will be a top priority(unfortunately for us lol).

robashton4h

Premium Subscriber
Iden

Thanks for the replies guys. The post about IDEN being DONE does that mean the MIKE phones are done as well? Or are you just talking about there contract ending with TELUS.
Rob

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
MiKE is TELUS's brand name for iDEN. I have heard rumors (as mentioned in other DRPD threads) that iDEN nationwide is planned to be ended in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.