During a Major event can Frequencies temporarily be added?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlouisx50

Hi, I have long time pondered the question, "Is adding a frequency related to an event allowed if it's temporary and if so what are the restrictions?"
Example 1- The feed is registered as law enforcement, but there is a 2 alarm fire in the same city / county.

Example 2- The feed is fire and ambulance but there is tornadic weather in the area and the fire dept switches over to police channels working the event.

Example 3- The Feed is fire and EMS, the call is within the feed area but bordering another county and the fire command chooses to work the scene on the assisting departments channel.

Thanks
Stlouisx50

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
What's really needed is a quick way to being up a (new) "incident feed". It would need to have a name that matches the stream so people will know what it is.

There was a major earthquake here yesterday. Some of us could have provided a stream for it, although that didn't have a lot of specific radio traffic. However, there've been a lot of major fires in the area. Some of those could be quite popular. It's not streams that would exist other than for a specified incident.

stlouisx50

What's really needed is a quick way to being up a (new) "incident feed". It would need to have a name that matches the stream so people will know what it is.

There was a major earthquake here yesterday. Some of us could have provided a stream for it, although that didn't have a lot of specific radio traffic. However, there've been a lot of major fires in the area. Some of those could be quite popular. It's not streams that would exist other than for a specified incident.
Excellent idea.
I suppose the way to do what I'm talking about is list it (as needed) and just leave it locked out until needed?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I have long time pondered the question, "Is adding a frequency related to an event allowed if it's temporary and if so what are the restrictions?"

If you remember last summer, during the protests, feed owners were reminded adding unauthorized frequencies/talkgroups was cause for the feed to be suspended. The key there is unauthorized, is fire using a dispatch or a tactical channel? At time your feed is approved you have agreed to only stream frequencies/talkgroups which you submitted for approval. Additional freqs/TGs would have to be on the original application.

Each year for two weeks I have been broadcasting the State Fair traffic, but it requires me to submit a new application each year, I can't just add it to my existing feed.

stlouisx50

If you remember last summer, during the protests, feed owners were reminded adding unauthorized frequencies/talkgroups was cause for the feed to be suspended. The key there is unauthorized, is fire using a dispatch or a tactical channel? At time your feed is approved you have agreed to only stream frequencies/talkgroups which you submitted for approval. Additional freqs/TGs would have to be on the original application.

Each year for two weeks I have been broadcasting the State Fair traffic, but it requires me to submit a new application each year, I can't just add it to my existing feed.
Totally understandable about the tac traffic issue, but no I'm talking about dispatch. Dispatch here switches Frequencies depending on radio issues, the same with fire.

I stream fire and ambulance and in the event of a example a big unforseen event or natural disaster, basically was wondering how to "by the rules" add events as needed.
Requesting to add a feed can take days. I get that it does and why that it does. Was wonder if there is an OK workaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.