Dusting off a PRO-92A thinking about upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcattardo

Hi all. Just dug out my old scanner, took a look at it and went duh. I never did buy the cable and completely forgot how to program it lol.I already found the easier to read manual site. Can't do much with it at the moment as the antenna was misplaced when I loaned it out.

Anyway, I am wondering how relevant the unit is in today's world. I would like to listen to in town happenings along with air and possibly railroads eventually.

I did stumble on to the WS1040 and BCD325P2 but I'm not sure if they are overkill for my wants.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

NYRHKY94

Hello:

The vast majority of Police communications in NH is digital P25 (town, county & state), which the analog only Pro-92 won't be able to receive. You would be able to listen to Seacoast Fire dispatch and some other local town fire departments with it, as well air based on the specs. I have the Uniden BCD325P2 and use it as my main portable. Small form factor but with a nice easy to read LCD. Digital audio is very good on P25 (phase 1 & 2). Not familiar with the Whistler brands. The link below will show you the frequencies in your area along with whether they are Analog or Digital:

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=1768

Mike
(Ex-NH Member)

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-92

I would like to listen to in town happenings along with air and possibly railroads eventually.
It will work for air & railroads; but it depends on exactly what you mean by in town happenings as to whether it will work.

mcattardo

Thanks for the feedback!
In town happenings refereed to police, fire and ems. I will go check out the link above.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.