Dusting off the DX-160

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiocacher

I ran across my old Realistic DX-160 today and I've had a ball this afternoon, re-discovering the shortwave bands. Before I stashed it away in my storage building, I had fitted it with a BNC connector and with just a small whip antenna from one of my scanners, I was amazed at how well this old receiver performed. I can't wait to put up my old long wire antenna. I remember buying this radio new back in the late 70's and it reminded me of what a great store Radio Shack used to be. Those were some good old days.

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Radiocacher,

Here's an interesting site you may want to see about that great radio:

Realistic DX-160

It even has an article about "Upgrading..." and then there's the Owner's and Service Manuals.
Hope this may be helpful if ever needed.
Enjoy that jewel you have there!

edit: And you're so right about "...good old days." I remember them from back in the '60s. The store employees KNEW what a resistor, cap, swl radio, and all the other stuff was. Not now...

Last edited:

radiocacher

Here's an interesting site you may want to see about that great radio:

Realistic DX-160

It even has an article about "Upgrading..." and then there's the Owner's and Service Manuals.
Hope this may be helpful if ever needed.
Enjoy that jewel you have there!

edit: And you're so right about "...good old days." I remember them from back in the '60s. The store employees KNEW what a resistor, cap, swl radio, and all the other stuff was. Not now...

Thanks for the link, that's a neat site.

SCPD

QRT
I bought a DX-160 off of a guy a few months back! He had been given it from an old friend, then he had a digital tuning SW Radio and didnt like the DX-160! I think it's a dream! It's really hard to pull signals from my apartment, but heck, it looks cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.