Dutchess County EDACS CRAZINESS!!!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrayNReload

Hi everyone. I hate to beat a dead horse, and i assure you i have spent hours on the site looking for a hint as to what i am doing incorrectly, but have come up with nothing.

Here my question, i live just over the Mid-Hudson bridge, and i have a Radio Shack pro-95.

I ordered the programming cable, and have been using Win95 for about 2 weeks. I have programs every site from the NYCOMO EDACS for Dutchess/Ulster counties.

I have been sure to enter the channels in LCN, been sure to remove the delay function, and have stored every talkgroup that i could fit. I tried with the banks closed, and open.

Its been almost 3 weeks, day and night, restoring the scanner and trying from scratch and i have heard absolutely not one transmission in the 800s at all. I thought it was the scanner, so i programmed some even further away and local UHF/VHF freq's, and all was well. I am hoping one of the scanning God's here can give me some help!! And might i just say, i have been stalking this site for a while and the wealth of knowledge from everyone its absolutely amazing and i am really truly impressed!

DickH

Hi everyone. I hate to beat a dead horse, and i assure you i have spent hours on the site looking for a hint as to what i am doing incorrectly, but have come up with nothing.

Here my question, i live just over the Mid-Hudson bridge, and i have a Radio Shack pro-95.

I ordered the programming cable, and have been using Win95 for about 2 weeks. I have programs every site from the NYCOMO EDACS for Dutchess/Ulster counties.

I have been sure to enter the channels in LCN, been sure to remove the delay function, and have stored every talkgroup that i could fit. I tried with the banks closed, and open.

Its been almost 3 weeks, day and night, restoring the scanner and trying from scratch and i have heard absolutely not one transmission in the 800s at all. I thought it was the scanner, so i programmed some even further away and local UHF/VHF freq's, and all was well. I am hoping one of the scanning God's here can give me some help!! And might i just say, i have been stalking this site for a while and the wealth of knowledge from everyone its absolutely amazing and i am really truly impressed!

Each site must be in a separate bank.

paul

You could try entering the frequencies for one NYCOMCO EDACS site programmed as conventional channels to see if it's being received.
The current Logical Channel Number set for the Highland-Illinois Mountain site is:

1: 854.4125
2: 860.8875
3: 858.0375
4: 860.1125
6: 859.1125
7: 858.1125
9: 857.0375
13: 855.9625

The Control Channel currently is LCN 2 860.8875.
Try them as conventional channels - no need to be concerned about LCN - and see what you get.

PrayNReload

Okay, i have the sites in separate banks, i went ahead and restored the scanner to default, and only programmed the freq's you gave me in order and left it in FM mode. I have been scanning, and leaving it on channel 2 and have heard no radio traffic. Hmmm....I'm beginning to think that Dutchess and Ulster County have switched something around. Or I'm just a regular douche and will hopefully get this up and running. Do you have any other suggestions?

N8IAA

Okay, i have the sites in separate banks, i went ahead and restored the scanner to default, and only programmed the freq's you gave me in order and left it in FM mode. I have been scanning, and leaving it on channel 2 and have heard no radio traffic. Hmmm....I'm beginning to think that Dutchess and Ulster County have switched something around. Or I'm just a regular douche and will hopefully get this up and running. Do you have any other suggestions?

When you program in an EDACS system, or Motorola for that matter, you must program the frequencies for the LCN in the proper mode. EDACS must be in ED mode for each frequency. Then you will receive the TGID's you programmed.
I know this, because I used to have a 95. It used to mess with my mind why it didn't work.
HTH,
Larry

PrayNReload

Ive tried programming all LCN's in correct order and with all the sites in separate banks, all say ED mode on the top, and i also programmed the entire bank in EDACS (using WIN95). I have tried delay on all channels, and delay off all channels. I have tried not programming any talk groups, and then by programming every talk group that was listed. I still have not heard one transmission. Its so weird, i can hear other transmissions in the 153.00 mhz, (local sheriff's office), and in the 450's (local 911) just fine. So strange and annoying, not sure what else to do =(

paul

Have you tried programming the 8 frequencies from the Illinois Mtn. EDACS site as conventional channels? This would allow you to hear the radio traffic without trying to hear it in trunked mode. If you hear traffic in conventional mode the radio is working at 800 Mhz. Next step would be programming the site in trunked mode.
I've never used a PRO-95 - but from looking at the Easier To Read Manual:
EDACS trunked systems have to be programmed in the banks starting with the second channel. "EDACS frequencies have to start at 001, 101, 201, etc." says the manual.
The NYCOMCO Illinois Mtn. EDACS site Logical Channel Number system includes empty or blank channels. For example, it should be programmed like this in trunked mode in Bank 1:

001: 854.4125
002: 860.8875
003: 858.0375
004: 860.1125
005: leave blank
006: 859.1125
007: 858.1125
008: leave blank
009: 857.0375
010: leave blank
011: leave blank
012: leave blank
013: 855.9625

paul

Just took a another look at the manual. The banks in the PRO-95 start with 0, so channela 001 to 013 are in Bank 0.
Hope this helps.

DickH

Does your WIN95 page look like this?
This is Site 001, Walker Mt. in Ulster.

p578806087-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.