DV1 Manager the newest software

Status
Not open for further replies.

F5HPE

Hi gents,

For those who are looking for a KISS software (original acronym for Kept it Simple, stupid) you can now doanload the Multilaguage MMI (man-Machine Interface) DV1 MANAGER software.
Le site du DV Manager

This software is a single exe file with helpfile.
The software works with your computer language. No need to use a translated paper work or PDF manual. Knob, tips and so are in your mother language.

DV1 Manager runs into French, English, Japanese and very soon Italian. Russian and Chinese language are in test mode;
DV1 Manager is simple software dedicated to have a quick and simple overview of your AOR AR DV1 receiver.

DV1 Manager is far from being perfect and your contribution to help me to make it perfect is welcome.

Enjoy your DV1

MeredithZB

It does not appear to be possible to scan a list of saved frequencies?

Il ne semble pas possible 'scan' une liste de fréquences enregistrées?

F5HPE

It does not appear to be possible to scan a list of saved frequencies?

Il ne semble pas possible 'scan' une liste de fréquences enregistrées?

For sure it is !

Just click on MEM knob, select the bank with saved frequencies via the combo and display one on FQ or and scan the bank !

Also, if you let me know which version you are using perhaps you are not up to date .?

Can you send me a screnshoot of the software to dv1(at)f5hpe.fr or let me know which version you are using (to left of the DV1 Manager main window).

For any other question you can contact me on le support du DV1 Manager | Mon DV1 est fanfastique

I manage 24/7 support.

MeredithZB

OK thanks for the advice about the MEM button . . . yes it sees some of the saved banks but not others. Will PM you the error message.

F5HPE

OK I wait for your next MP, but your can also email me dv1(at)f5hpe.fr
All the very best

F5HPE

Auto ON and OFF

Some of you guys had asked me from my web site Le site du DV Manager about DV Manager ON/OFF Facilities.

When you launch for DV1 Manager, it doesn't asked you for the Com Port even if the receiver is OFF (except if driver is not properly setted up).
DV1 Manager has capability to check if the receiver DV1 is USB connected or not even if the radio is OFF.

After that, DV1 manager automatically switch on your recevier.

If your AOR DV1 is not connected, you can also run DV1 manager FYE.

But, you can also answer to the info popup window to set up the com port number.

Not licence is needed to run DV1 Manager as DV. manager is a free software to discover the AOR DV1 receiver performance.

F5HPE

Stay on line

New update about DV1 Manager!

Past days you where informed about the ON OFF facilites!
This is only with DV1 Manager.

Today, you can stay always up to date!
Once again, DV1 Manager is amazing.

If your computer you are running DV1 Manager is connected to the internet, DV1 Manager can inform you about any update such as DV1 manager application update or AR-DV1 Receiver new Firmware.

Those Features are only availabe on DV1 Manager.

DV1 Manager web site

F5HPE

It will come later

OK thanks for the advice about the MEM button . . . yes it sees some of the saved banks but not others. Will PM you the error message.

Your experience is a good thing that I would like to share with all.
DV1 Manager is a software that is supposed to work on a real PC platform with an real Windows OS.

It is therefore useless to try to make it work with a Windows emulator for Linux or Apple. You would only get errors and not the satisfaction of a good functioning.

For those who would like to use DV1 Manager on Linux or Apple, everything comes to point to who knows how to wait.

I'm working on Pocket PC version and Andoid also.

F5HPE

the first Patented Software

For those who are interested in, the release V.1.0.0, is now ready for download.
Téléchargement | Mon DV1 est fanfastique
Many thanks for all you those who gave their contribution to make this software the core DV1 Management application from far before all others.

For your remind, DV1 Manager is French, English, Italian and Japanese spoken.
No need to have a printed PDF file under your elbow to use DV1 Manager.
DV1 Manager translates windows, knobs, tips and helpfile into your computer mother language.

DV1 Manager informs you about the newest software version and also about the latest firmware. Not necessary to check on your habituel provider website.

DV1 Manager has a Patent. This is an evidence for you DV1 Manager is a software that has not been developed on the corner of the kitchen table.

DV1 Manager is the a software which doesn't need to be DV1 connected to have a quick look how it is KISS.

As the AR DV1 receiver is dedicated for VHF and UHF COM-INT, DV1 Manager is thinking COM-INT

DV1 Manager is a software that has more than one train in advance before other free or paid applications connues jusqu'à ce jour.

Faramir

Premium Subscriber
DV1 Manager no match for eSPYonARD and ARC DV1

Are you kidding me? When I went to download your program I was asked to supply too many personale details. What are the address and telephone number used for? The connection is not even secure!
So the personal information is bogus, but finally I was able to download the zip file.

Unpacked a staggering 38MB! One exe file and four .chm files and they contain no workable contents whatsoever.Not a clue how to proceed (everything is in French) to change to English...
A kind of familiar layout and away you go, off into the dark!

I can not even begin to grasp why AOR associates itself with this. This is at the very best a beginning of a concept, but it is *NOT* a workable tool. Please provide some decent program support with a working manual. Doing everything from one file is interesting but my total ESPYONARD folder is only 32 MB , and that includes quite a lot of recordings copied from the SD card, compared to yours which is 38MB. So what’s the benefit?

ARC DV1 and ESPYONARD are fully featured programs that require Manuals because they do so much more. People only need to refer to the Manual to find out just what a wealth of functions they contain, unlike yours.

Compared to either of them, ESPYONARD in particular, I am sorry to have to say that your software is just a TOY, which people will immediately discover when they compare it to the others.

Anyone who buys an AR-DV1 and wants to use it with software, will want access to all the radio's sophisticated functions, not the very basic ones your program has to offer.

The other programs are fully functional, wide-ranging, superior, and one even provides many things the AR-DV1 cannot do without it.

By trying to covertly run down their software , and imply your program is best by taking swipes at them, you are doing your simple program no favours, or yourself.

You clearly realise the other programs are a threat, or would be if your program came any where near them, which it most certainly does not, in ANY language.

You should have followed the other two AR-DV1 program producers. Neither tries to be nasty about the other. They let their programs stand on their own merits.

F5HPE

one step forward

Faramir,

I really appreciate your comments.
As we use to say into french : without freedom to blame, there is no flattering praise,
Don’t you think?

Anyway, I will answer to all your comments.

Are you kidding me? When I went to download your program I was asked to supply too many personale details. What are the address and telephone number used for? The connection is not even secure!
So the personal information is bogus, but finally I was able to download the zip file.

It is not my decision to use a Prestashop to make the software downloadable. It had been requested by my French partners. But if you are not interested by DV1 Manager, I don’t oblige you to download and use it, it’s up to you!
In one other hand, if you have PHP Prestashop skill, you are wellcome and I will ask you to help me to modify by PHP file in order to cancel all of those personal details which are borrowing.

Unpacked a staggering 38MB! One exe file and four .chm files and they contain no workable contents whatsoever.Not a clue how to proceed (everything is in French) to change to English...
A kind of familiar layout and away you go, off into the dark!

It seems that your are not familiar with softwares. So let me explain you. CHM file are executable file. (please refer to Microsoft web site to understand such comment). So if you computer setting do not allow CHM file to be run, you will never see the help file. Once again, it’s up to you.
The software is born into French. So the first language for DV1 Manager is to run into French as default. To be ran into English, it is necessary your computer to be in natively in English. According your comment it seems to me you are not English. You are from netherland. This means DV1 Manager doesn’t detect your Dutch computer mother language and run into French.
If you want it to be used into Dutch, please let me know and I will translate into your mother language for free as I ever did for Japanese and Italian. One more time It’s up to you !

I can not even begin to grasp why AOR associates itself with this. This is at the very best a beginning of a concept, but it is *NOT* a workable tool. Please provide some decent program support with a working manual. Doing everything from one file is interesting but my total ESPYONARD folder is only 32 MB , and that includes quite a lot of recordings copied from the SD card, compared to yours which is 38MB. So what’s the benefit?

As I ever said, I don’t want to compete with eSPYonARD or BUTEL. DV1 manager is a tool to discover DV1 performances and have a quick use of DV1 receiver. Most of the DV1 Manager are French and this software was dedicated for French user. French users were feed up about non french spoken softwares. As far as I remember, I never push you to use DV1 manager. After that, it’s up to you.

ARC DV1 and ESPYONARD are fully featured programs that require Manuals because they do so much more. People only need to refer to the Manual to find out just what a wealth of functions they contain, unlike yours.

DV1 manger is quite intuitive, so, if you have 2 hand and 10 fingers like most of the people over the world, you don’t need manual. Any knobs, tips, and so are automaticaly translated (perhaps into Dutch if you need). Also the CHM help file are dedicated to help you into your mother language. But all depends on your computer setting.

Compared to either of them, ESPYONARD in particular, I am sorry to have to say that your software is just a TOY, which people will immediately discover when they compare it to the others.

I agree with you, you are 100% right. DV1 Manager is a TOY, and my other TOY is my AOR DV1 receiver.

Anyone who buys an AR-DV1 and wants to use it with software, will want access to all the radio's sophisticated functions, not the very basic ones your program has to offer. The other programs are fully functional, wide-ranging, superior, and one even provides many things the AR-DV1 cannot do without it.

AR-DV1 is a huge machine. And it is necessary to have a short and quick understanding of AR-DV1 Performance. This is why I deciced to create DV1 manager. It is your own understanding and belief if your decide to think DV1 manager is the best of the world.

...You should have followed the other two AR-DV1 program producers. Neither tries to be nasty about the other. They let their programs stand on their own merits.
Waouh waouh ! For sure your purpose means you have some financial interest some where ! DV1 Manager in not intended to compete. DV1 Manager is the third in the list of possible AR DV1 software. So it is better for DV1 Manager to offer different facilities such as being dedicated for COM-INT (not SIG-INT like others softwares), and translates windows, knobs, tips and helpfile into your computer mother language. DV1 Manager was the first software for DV1 to allow this. If previous software manufacturer didn’t thought about it is their own responsibility. It’s up to them.

Anyway, you are welcome and I would be very please to help you for a Dutch version. So please, do not hesitate to contact me le support du DV1 Manager | Mon DV1 est fanfastique and I will help you.

jellyfiss

DV1 Manager

Well i bought espyonard and i wish i had not as it does not let you easily program the radio as it is more fore folk who want to save to pc.... I want to just program my radio, simple.... i just want to cut and paste to a file and transfer to radio to use the radio on its own....
now does DV1 Manager let you cut and paste into a file and then download to memory banks...
espyonard only lets you do one memory at a time, which to me is crap.
so to recap
1. how much is DV1 Manager to buy
2. Can i cut n paste multiple frequencies to a file and then they go to radio permanently as butel does
3. based on the above answers, i will be interested as the demo does not allow memory management to find out if question 2 applies.

F5HPE

Memory managment

HI Jellyfiss,

Many thanks for your kind attention and message.

FYU DV1 Manager is using ONLY the real features of ARDV1 based on the AOR Command list. Means, what is in those Command list, DV1 Manager can do without generating extra and pollute file on your HDD. In comparison with eSPYonARD as you mention it, DV1 Manager is no generating, creating extra directory or file on you computer. DV1 Manager just manage the built in AR DV1 capability. i.e. if AR DV1 can’t do 1+1 = 2, DV1 Manager will not do as it is not a native ARDV1 instruction. eSPYonARD will generate an extra HDD file in it’s directory to bypass it.

Managing extra directory and extra files is not the target of DV1 Manager.
DV1 Manager is the miror of the ARDV1.

As you know, to use ARDV1 you have to play with knob, UP and Down arrow, and Main dial.
DV1 Manager just offer you the same view of your ARDV1 as a MMI and just rename knob to have a effective and valuated features.

One other interest with DV1 Manager is this application to be the very first to be Multilanguage compliant. It you computer is English, Italian, or Japanese; you can use it in one of those language. If you are not one of them, DV1 Manager will run into french as the default spoken language.
But if you are Turkish, Portuguese or …. I can make a built in translation for your mother language. And this will be for free. DV1 Manager is the VERY FIRST software which as such capabilities. For your understanding, AOR France asked by past a French version of eSPYonARD. It’s author as ever swept this request from a reverse of the sleeve ( cf AOR France). This is why I was requested by some French end user to make a French KISS software. My Japanese colleagues ask me also. So I did it. Few weeks ago, iz1mll forwarded me all details for an italian version. Now I’m working for Russian and Chinese version.

May I ask you what yout target about memory management is? DV1 Manager is managing memory according ARDV1 capability? Just let me know what you want to do and I will investigate for you. Also please consider that any procedure has to be KISS considered for another end users.
Do not hesitate to share with me you point of view at le support du DV1 Manager | Mon DV1 est fanfastique
Any idea is well come and can be spread for any other DV1 Manager users.

By using DV1 Manager Plus, you can generate your own Excel file as extra data bank to be injected into the aRDV1 (but this procedure is quite long do to ARDV1 internal process. This is normal for any FPGA).
As the procedure is describe into the HELPfile.
Just copy a database, past into a excel file and save it. Not necessary to make any extra operation to cancel unnecessary info on the file. Till your tile column of the excel file as some tags such as frequency, tone, tag,….and what ever is the order of the collum, DV1 manager sort them. This is on more advantage of DV1 Manager.
For sure, as you compare with eSPYonARD, DV1 Manager don’t need to change your own computer “regional setting” such as “decimal coma or dot” “thousand separator dot or space”. DV1 Manager already knows you local regional setting and use it as it is.

DV1 manager is for free. Just register your own details on the “shop” area of my web site. Some borrowing details are requested (sorry I don’t know how to modify PHP prestashop codes) and even if Payal ask you for payment, it will be free.
When starting DV1 Manager, no need to check and double check or re re check your com port as the English software you mention. DV1 Manager can check your own com port stting and…that’s all. Or, if the driver is not properly setup, DV1 manager remind you to choose.
Later on, when DV1 Manager runs, you can have a look on all windows without limitation except the fact your ARDV1 is not connected.. ah ah ah ah!

IF you want to you the DV1 Manager PLUS to have acces to Excel files management, you need DV1 Manager PLUS with is an activation code. I just request a donation to cover my generation keys fees.

Anyway, it you need more retails you can contact me at le support du DV1 Manager | Mon DV1 est fanfastique
Please keep in mind that DV1 Manager is dedicated to COM INT, not El-INT of SIG-INT. ARDV1 is not entended for such use. Execting to do EL-IN or SIG-INT is a comprehensive mistake. Expecting to do HF also. ARDV1 was design at first for DIGITAL COMS, usaly in VHF and UHF.
Last info, DV1 Manager is the very first worldwide software to be patented.

I forget to tell you. if your computeur (with DV1) is internet connected, DV1 Manager can inform you about ARDV1 firmware up date and DV1 Manager also.

So, Jellyfiss you are welcome.

jellyfiss

i cant see a cart option to buy the pro version on the website. it says 10 euro but no cart option etc

F5HPE

DV1 Manager PLUS

This version is not officialy avaible due to "special" reasons.
So "legal" details are in discussion and should be fixed soon.
This is due to COM-INT applications.
Please wait. I was expecting to make is available soon but......out of my control.

jellyfiss

Well the author of eSPYonARD has been working very hard with me to help with a suggestion i made about adding memories to the AOR DV1 in bulk (one bank at a time). I must say i am pleased i bought this software because as i have seen in the testing of this new feature that eSPYonARD is quickly becoming a swiss army knife type of program whereby every user type is catered for.You will always get first class support from the author aswell as i have. I think personally that this software is leaps and bounds above the rest especially when you have to boot, an author who is willing to, and if possible will act on your suggestions within a day or two. i must now agree it is better than DV MANAGER as i tried it but it just does not cut the mustard, sorry

F5HPE

A software for Dummies

Good evening JellyFiss,

Thank you for this message. The understanding that it can be made of your statement is to the evidence and according to the old Chinese proverb that "The idiot does not understand the true meaning of things, he sees only the surface."

So it is clear that you did not understand the goal of DV1 Manager.
The primary meaning of DV1 Manager is not to teach you to drive a MacLaren or a Ferrari when you are a young driver.

Quite the contrary and quite simply, all humbly to allow a young owner of AR DV1 to discover ludicrously that its receiver ARDV1 is an incredible, unbreakable tools. And this without having to collute the manual and sub menus of Menu submenu. If you have really taken the time to read page by page the original manual in English Japanese you can not ignore that the use of the AR DV1 is very complex.

If you do not understand this is that actually this software is not for you. You must already be most definitely a killer with your DV1 and you no longer have anything to learn from your receiver.
So obviously DV1 Manager is not for you.

To date, several language versions of DV1 Manager have been developed in collaboration with Anglophobe users. This is the proof that DV1 Manager has its raison d'être.

Vince64

Undocumented features for AR-DV1!

Hi F5HPE,

I just received this info below from AOR France. Did you get it? Will you improve your DV1 manager?

NXDN DESCRAMBLE and DISCRIMINATOR DIRECT RECORDING on SD.

NXDN Descramble function

(For 15 bit digital scrambling mode NXDN signals. Does not support encrypted mode NXDN signals )

-Select the NXDN mode (=D-CR) or AUTO mode.

Once the desired signal is received:

-Click once on the main dial

-Long press on MODE button

The blinking question marks means that AR-DV1 is searching for the descrambling code. It just takes 1 or 2 seconds if reception conditions are good. Once found, it will the scramble code such as 000015 for example and you will hear the decoded voice.

Please note that although the display shows "ENC.CODE", it actually means "descramble" code. No relation to encryption.

Disctriminator direct recording on SD

Whereas AR-DV1 features a discriminator output (AUX socket), with a little trick the discriminator signal can also be recorded directly to its SD card! Here is how:

1) On your PC, open a text file and type the word "DISC" (in capitals, just the letters DISC).

2) Save this file as DISC.txt

3) Copy this file to the SD card.

4) Put the SD card into AR-DV1.

Whenever the receivers sees this file, it will record the received audio in "discriminator" format. (In FM mode, only 6kHz, 15kHz and 30kHz bandwidth supported)

In case you don't know, discriminator audio is an unfiltered signal, also called baseband audio. It is required by some PC applications decoding data signals such as CTCSS, SCA, FSK, RTTY, FAX, Pager data, and trunked system control data, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.