DVB-T +DVB+FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

danesgs

I bought a USB SDR stick off ebay, it came with high regards. I have got it to semi-work using one software package, SDSHARP. I can tune to the local WX channels but the audio is really bad, When I try to do FM stations its a little better but even with the audio turned up, its bad. I must had a bad setting in the software. I do Skype on this PC all the time the audio is fine, and for movies and such. So it has to be a setting. Anyone REALLY familiar with the SDSHARP software I would like to hear from. Thanks

KJ4DGE

rbm

For NOAA weather broadcasts, these setting should get your started.
The actual transmissions are wider but the 12,500 bandwidth helps cut out adjacent signals.

Click on the magnifying glass (bottom right corner) for the hi-resolution image so you can see the settings.

Rich

NOAA Weather Radio:

This will get you in the ball park for FM Stereo Broadcast:

Last edited:
S

screamin72

I have the NooElec branded RTL2832U/R820T Mini SDR usb stick. I am waiting on the nano version. I hear it has a lower noise floor than the mini. I caught NOAA-19 using a basic set of TV antenna rabbit ears and RCA 1450F LNA (low noise amplifier). Even though it is designed for TV It still works because it is continuous coverage basically same range of E400 tuner. I dont need near as much gain with the LNA in-line.
Most of the time when your dvb-t dongle gain is really high it also amplifies the stray noise it produces and blocks some weaker signals. That's why a LNA is helpful to run.

I use HDSDR because it has more to offer and very lite on the cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.