DXing on SSB CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
DX on SSB

It may be just my opinion, but it seems a little foolish for someone who has their ham call with a question about illegal use of frequencies on the same page. Get a good 10 meter radio (not a converted CB) with 100 watts and try some real DXing.

lightningx54

Feed Provider/Amateur Radio Operator
Feed Provider
It may be just my opinion, but it seems a little foolish for someone who has their ham call with a question about illegal use of frequencies on the same page. Get a good 10 meter radio (not a converted CB) with 100 watts and try some real DXing.

using a stock realistic cb rig ...it's not illegal...i didn't know cb was illegal sorry....:roll:

Last edited:

thomast77

I think he is referring to FCC rules Part 95 - Subpart D - Rule 13 section 9:

You must NOT use a CB station-
[9] to communicate with, or ATTEMPT to communicate with, any CB station more than 155.3 miles (250 kilometers) away.

I don't think the FCC is gonna come knocking if you break this rule, But you never know and you do run the risk of losing you license or being fined and your radios taken away.

bobmich52

Have Been out of CB For Many Yrs, But I Always Shot skip with A president washington Cb 40 ch ssb Hooked Up 2 A starduster ant about 30 ft off Ground, 12 watts. When The Prop Was Right, I Caught About 40 states confirmed & I Hit England, Spain & countries In That area Regular, But My Best confirmed Contact/ QSL Card Was From Belgrade yugoslavia, All On a Measly 12 watts.

Yep, I'm A Lawbreaker, but Back In That Time It was Much More civil, not Like It Is Now.

Out Of It For about 20 yrs, Have Graduated From CB & My 10 ch Rockbound Regency 2 The 396 & Home Patrol 1 x 2.

Modern Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.