Dyersburg P25 and Dyer County Turbo Linked

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyersburg911

City of Dyersburg has successfully linked its p25 800mhz trunking system to the Motorola UHF turbo system in use by Dyer County public safety agencies.

No expensive gateways or consoles patches were used......just pin outs from the radios.

Audio was exceptionally clear, and volume level was consistent.

ki4gyw

Premium Subscriber
Nice to see some TRBO / P25 system integration's without the overpriced ACU's!
My vehicle works great patched together from the XTL to my TRBO's. Are they using the new XPR5550's or the 4550's? The 5550's have a great audio improvement from my test's. Now if only my APX7000 would do TRBO!

iamhere300

City of Dyersburg has successfully linked its p25 800mhz trunking system to the Motorola UHF turbo system in use by Dyer County public safety agencies.

No expensive gateways or consoles patches were used......just pin outs from the radios.

Audio was exceptionally clear, and volume level was consistent.

How are you handling channel grant denial when talking from the TRBO system to the 800 Mhz system?

ki4gyw

Premium Subscriber
Are you planning on integrating the GPS data into the ESRI's ARCMAP / MAPSERVER? I wrote some functions for TRBONET that converts the GPS/AVL tables to a MSSQL Geo-spatial DB I'm using Mapserver just cause its open source and highly stable.... Bet that M guy is probably from Texas???....

dyersburg911

Are you planning on integrating the GPS data into the ESRI's ARCMAP / MAPSERVER? I wrote some functions for TRBONET that converts the GPS/AVL tables to a MSSQL Geo-spatial DB I'm using Mapserver just cause its open source and highly stable.... Bet that M guy is probably from Texas???....

Using just the voice side. We are moving toward a mobile data/CAD solution that will include gps for all public safety

FYI, that guy fromTexas is moving to the burg.

dyersburg911

do yall know when this p25 TRS will be merged with the Statewide TRS (TVRTS)

We are waiting for the State to develop policy and to pay for the hardware/connection to the State system. Our subscriber ID’s were assigned by Motorola, with the intent to be a part of a Statewide system.

Not real sure how this is going to work; the State of Tennessee does not have a history of moving to new technology very fast, due to funding hurdles. A lot of issues to be worked out before the systems are connected.

The flip side, the City of Dyersburg has a special designated fund to update and replace our radio system on a schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.