Dyess Trunked System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fasteddy64

It appears that Dyess is finally going to a 380 mhz trunked system. I had noticed less and less traffic on the normal VHF P25 freqs so decided to search in the380 to 390 range. Immediately found what sounds like a control channel on 380.4375 and hits with P25 voice on 380.9875, 380.325, 380.075, 380.825 and 380.625

How can I figure this system out and program it correctly?

Ed

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
It appears that Dyess is finally going to a 380 mhz trunked system. I had noticed less and less traffic on the normal VHF P25 freqs so decided to search in the380 to 390 range. Immediately found what sounds like a control channel on 380.4375 and hits with P25 voice on 380.9875, 380.325, 380.075, 380.825 and 380.625

How can I figure this system out and program it correctly?

Ed
Eddy, the best way is with something like Unitrunker or Pro96.com, but that takes a scanner with either a discriminator tap, or one with control channel data output (the Pro-96/-2096 , PSR-500/ -600, Pro-106/ -197, BCD396XT/BCD996XT, Home Patrol, or PSR-800).

Presuming Tony is feeling better by Saturday, I still plan to run out there, and can run the system on the Home Patrol, or feed it to my laptop, and see what we get.

Which scanner do you have?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am using the BC785D
sorry, I am still a little old-school!
We'll have to see what kind of system it shows to be. If it's up and running when I'm there, we should be able to get some data.

If it's a "true" P25 system, then the 785D would not be able to handle it. The P25 systems use a 9600 baud control channel, but the BC785D can only handle a 3600 baud control channel. I have the handheld "sibling" to your 785, the BC250D. It handles the Grand Prairie system, because that's a mixed mode system (both analog and digital talkgroups), 3600 control channel. But it can't track one of the newer P25 systems in the DFW area, like Plano or Frisco.

nd5y

Is this system there all the time or is there any chance you were hearing Fort Sill or Fort Hood durning a band opening?

Must be brand new. I checked for 380 MHz trunked systems when I was out there a few months ago. Unfortunately I'm too far away to be of any help and don't plan on going back unless I have another job interview there.

I wonder if it is part of one of the regional military systems like Sheppard or the Navy in Corpus Christi.

Last edited:

fasteddy64

Is this system there all the time or is there any chance you were hearing Fort Sill or Fort Hood durning a band opening?

Must be brand new. I checked for 380 MHz trunked systems when I was out there a few months ago. Unfortunately I'm too far away to be of any help and don't plan on going back unless I have another job interview there.

I wonder if it is part of one of the regional military systems like Sheppard or the Navy in Corpus Christi.

It was Dyess no question. I have listened here for over 20 years, I even recognize many of the individual voices. So far I have only heard aircraft maintinance on there, The P25 VHF freq they had been using has gone silent now. Also the security forces freq is now silent but have not heard them in the 380 range I was searching. I searched 380-390 for about an hour and only had activity between 380 and 381 mhz.

I will keep investigating.

Last edited:

KE7JHC

I'm working on frequencies and talkgroups for this system as we speak. My Pro-106 is picking it up just fine here on the southeast side of town using the control channel only with a wildcard programmed in. I'll get it worked out and posted here hopefully either tonight or tomorrow night.

T

trunkerman63

Well that explains the less and less on the high band, of them, Steve & Eddy! :) I'm ten four on all the above!

fasteddy64

I'm working on frequencies and talkgroups for this system as we speak. My Pro-106 is picking it up just fine here on the southeast side of town using the control channel only with a wildcard programmed in. I'll get it worked out and posted here hopefully either tonight or tomorrow night.

Sounds great, I will look forward to seeing what you come up with.
P25 trunking is totally new to me.

KE7JHC

Everything is P25 and was caught in auto mode on my 106. Here is what I have so far:

380.4375 - Control channel

I have only seen two talkgroups in use so far:

82 - Aircraft Maintenance
85 - Unsure, but this one sounds like weapons

I'll put up more as they become available. @ fasteddy64 - I'm not sure how you would program this in your BC785D, maybe someone else has some insight.

fasteddy64

Thanks Eric, I had hits on the same exact freqs you show, I wasnt sure if I was hearing one talkgroup or more. I will see if my 785 can do anything with them.

Ed
KG5UN

fasteddy64

I did have Security forces on their normal freq this afternoon, but everyone is quiet tonight.

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm going to run my Home Patrol on that system when I'm there tomorrow, see how it does on that type system.

fasteddy64

Let me know when you are coming, where you will be and how much time you will have. I would like to play radio if we can get together.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Let me know when you are coming, where you will be and how much time you will have. I would like to play radio if we can get together.
Ed,
The plan is to be over at Tony's in the 12:30 to 1pm range, to give him time for lunch before I get there. I figure to be around for several hours, probably till 4 or maybe a little later, though not past 6. Don't want to get back to Dallas at midnight!

I'm going to have several scanners, plus my laptop (at least that's the way I'm leaning right now). I'm tweaking some programming files currently.

fasteddy64

Ed,
The plan is to be over at Tony's in the 12:30 to 1pm range, to give him time for lunch before I get there. I figure to be around for several hours, probably till 4 or maybe a little later, though not past 6. Don't want to get back to Dallas at midnight!

I'm going to have several scanners, plus my laptop (at least that's the way I'm leaning right now). I'm tweaking some programming files currently.

Thanks Steve, now I really want a Home Patrol!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.