• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Dynamic regroupment - regroup plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

senss

Hi !!

I need your help please....

Someone can explain me what is
- 'Dynamic regroupment'
- 'regroup plan'

Thanks,

Alain

mlevin

Dynamic re-group is a feature of Motorola truned systems. If a user once another user to come up on a talkgroup that's in the requested persons radio. Then the requested user can switch to this talkgroup, and a dispatcher can remotely and temporarily program that talkgroup in for the conversation. That's how I always understood it. But I'm not positive. I also understand that dispatch can create branm new temporary talkgroups via this feature.

You actually read my mind since I also was about to start a Dynamic Re-group thread. My question is, how does a scanner react to the Dynamic Re-group TG. If I switch to that talkgroup, do I hear the conversation on the "remote" talkgroup take place. Or does my scanner not hear the conversation.

AACoFN

i believe my scanner picks these up (pro 96). for instance... our FD had "xray channels" (specifically programed in certain people's radios). many times someone has asked another to meet on xray... then i will hear the conversation.

mlevin

So your saying that someone without the x-ray channel went to thr re-group channel to get a remotely programed x-ray. Once they get the x-ray from a dispatcher, does the user switch to x-ray or does that unit talk on the re-group channel? Either way you could just switch your scanner to x-ray and her the whole conversation. Right?

joescanner

Just another radio geek.
The behavior I have seen is that if you know which talkgroup ID the radios are being regrouped to, just tune into that talkgroup, and you should hear everything.

Where I live, one of the major systems does this only for lost/stolen equipment. Every single radio on the system has a regroup position (labelled "REWARD"). When a radio is reported lost, that radio is dynamically regrouped to the stolen talkgroup and they hear a recorded message. Dynamic Regroup works whether or not the radio is turned on; if the radio is off, as soon as it turns on it will get the regroup command.

They can also disable the channel knob and zone selection switch remotely.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I'm not quite understanding this feature myself...

Our system has dynamic regrouping set up on a zone and channel in the radio (z2ch2, or B2). When I turn a radio to that channel, I get a steady low tone and "DYNREG" on my screen.. that much, I think I understand, is normal.

I also understand that this can be established as a temporary talkgroup by a dispatcher, and anyone with Dynamic Regrouping in a zone/channel position would then be able to use that talkgroup until it is struck, ie. shut down.

I don't think the feature has ever been used on our system. I'm reasonably sure the bits required to create the dynamic talkgroup on the dispatch end haven't been set up in the console - or is it only a supervisory function? (The consoles I usually see are plain old dispatchers.)

My big question in all this is this: Those of you who say you're able to pick up the dynamic talkgroup on your scanner, how are you figuring out what talkgroup ID to look for? Or do you just hear people from two different groups talking together and assume that's the dynamic group?

Here, each agency has two talkgroups assigned for them to host a tri-services incident upon, and all three emergency services have all six talkgroups; so if fire was doing a response and wanted to talk to an EMS unit, they could go to one of fire's tri-services talkgroups; if police wanted to talk to fire and ems, they could have everyone switch to one of the police tri-services talkgroups. I guess that's why we don't use dynamic regrouping here.. we've sort of duplicated it using dedicated talkgroups. Am I right?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
See this thread: http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=8895

A scanner has no knowledge of any action of a regroup. All that happens is the system sends a talkgroup id to fill in the space where the radio has a mode assigned for dynamic regroup. When the radio transmits on the regroup group it happens like any other group. The regroup command can tell the radio to operate in analog, digital, secure, or a combination depending on system/subscriber config.

A regroup plan is a list of radios that are assigned to a group for a specific plan and with a click of the mouse can all be regrouped as needed and at once. No need to have to individually regroup every radio by hand or track down who needs to be regrouped.

-Wayne

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
EDACS TRSs also have this capability. On both systems, a private conversation can be establised between two users, or a large group of select radios. This was designed for conversations to be kept private from other system users, but is not that affective nowadays against scanner listeners unless the talkgroup is encrypted.

73's

Ron

MASTRTECH

Dynamic regrouping on an EDACS system is a function of the CSD computer. It is used to setup a common talkgroup when different user groups or agencies need to communicate. The CSD computer Can build different plans in a template and can regroup radios at the touch of a mouse button.
For example, One of our SWAT radios was reprogrammed and the SWAT group was inadvertantly left out. When they were called out and that radio could'nt talk, it was regrouped the the SWAT group. For us, The CSD is Controlled by the system manager. The CSD Computer can be acessed via dial-up, so regroups can happen whenever they are needed. As for Motorola systems, I don't know. They probably work near the same. Dispatcher control of this function would be a bad thing. Leave that to the radio guys........

WCRadioGuy

CSD

Dynamic regrouping on an EDACS system is a function of the CSD computer. It is used to setup a common talkgroup when different user groups or agencies need to communicate. The CSD computer Can build different plans in a template and can regroup radios at the touch of a mouse button.
For example, One of our SWAT radios was reprogrammed and the SWAT group was inadvertantly left out. When they were called out and that radio could'nt talk, it was regrouped the the SWAT group. For us, The CSD is Controlled by the system manager. The CSD Computer can be acessed via dial-up, so regroups can happen whenever they are needed. As for Motorola systems, I don't know. They probably work near the same. Dispatcher control of this function would be a bad thing. Leave that to the radio guys........

The CSD is not controlled by the System Manager. The System Manager is an older VAX computer system used to interface to the site. The CSD is an NT based computer which has replaced the System Manager. The CSD has also been recently upgraded utilizing Windows 2000.

Raccon

Most if not all TETRA systems also support DGNA (Dynamic Group Number Assignment), it's a standarized feature in TETRA.

As mentioned above it allows creating and downloading a new group over the air, for permanent or temporary use.

tonywiggins

Premium Subscriber
Dynamic Regrouping

On an Motorola trunking system, dynamic regrouping is accomplished by assigning a channel on the radio (say channel 6) in cps and configuring that channel in the trunking personality for the zone and said channel. That channel acts as a "door". Radio system administrator can configure storm plans in the UCM and then use the RCM to regroup specific radios to a specific talkgroup. You would not change the channel on the radio to utilize that talkgroup. The only reason to change the radio to the "door" (channel 6) would be to leave the dynamically regrouped channel. That is, considering you were only regrouped and not regrouped and locked. If you were regrouped and locked then changing to the door would have no affect on your talkgroup selected. Scanning a trunking system would never be able to tell you if your listening to a regrouped conversation because you're simply scanning talkgroups.

ecps92

You understand this thread is 11 yrs old :roll:
and the last time the OP logged in was Last Activity: 06-02-2010 8:55 PM

On an Motorola trunking system, dynamic regrouping is accomplished by assigning a channel on the radio (say channel 6) in cps and configuring that channel in the trunking personality for the zone and said channel. That channel acts as a "door". Radio system administrator can configure storm plans in the UCM and then use the RCM to regroup specific radios to a specific talkgroup. You would not change the channel on the radio to utilize that talkgroup. The only reason to change the radio to the "door" (channel 6) would be to leave the dynamically regrouped channel. That is, considering you were only regrouped and not regrouped and locked. If you were regrouped and locked then changing to the door would have no affect on your talkgroup selected. Scanning a trunking system would never be able to tell you if your listening to a regrouped conversation because you're simply scanning talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.