E-COM has switched??

Status
Not open for further replies.

apx9000

Both E-COM nets (Net-3 - Homewood and the Dolton/Riverdale/South Holland Net) have switched to the Cook County side of SC21 which is encrypted %100.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I do hear them at times use the old freqy for traffic stop license checks.....

gooniorjr

Premium Subscriber
Chicago Heights has also gone digital. Haven't found any new info on it yet. The old freq 470.4375 has gone dark. Glad I'm not living there anymore. It was too busy around there to not listen in..

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Chicago Hts and Stegar are now on Starcom and i think i heard them on TG2576....

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
E-Com Fire Dispatch?

I don't live near the E-Com service area, but my notes indicate that E-Com dispatches area fire departments on 151.430. Are they still dispatching on that freq or have the FDs also made the switch to the Cook County trunked system?

apx9000

Chicago Heights also made the switch to the Cook County System. That's why you see Steger and South Chicago Heights in Starcom21 and not the Cook County system.

cpd204

I don't live near the E-Com service area, but my notes indicate that E-Com dispatches area fire departments on 151.430. Are they still dispatching on that freq or have the FDs also made the switch to the Cook County trunked system?

Yes they're still using all their fire frequencies. I hear them frequently.

rickemiller

No E-Com.

Is there a way that I can listen to the police dispach on my uniden 95, or do I need a different scanner to receive the new band?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I made a mistake saying "Chicago Hts" went to Starcom when they actually went to Cook Co =ENC so u would not be able to hear them...Thank you for the correction that "South Chicago Hts" went to Starcom and is copyable on a digital scanner....Many years back i used to deliver sundries over there and it all looked the same to me!!....

saleen49

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased a digital scanner and can't figure out what control channels to use in order to hear, 2576 a10 E SChiHt/StgPD South Chicago Heights / Steger Police: Dispatch Law Dispatch, and also, why does the mode come up as E if it's not encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.