E-Comm ESK

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC_Scan

Is it 10 years to the day since E-comm caused a major ripple in the Vancouver area scanning circle since flipping the EDACS switch ?
Well today as of 03:30 hours , E-Comm just past that milestone has flipped the dreaded ESK switch , all tower's now employ control channel ESK, thus rendering virtually all trunk tracking scanners pre BCD396T with at least version 3.02 firmware unable to decode the control channel,
Wonder what Sgt Rick will be broadcasting about traffic tie up's in the traffic heli this AM ??

SCPD

QRT
Be sure to let us know how ESK works out for you guys in BC. I know you can use Uniden scanners for ESK now. But I think that's about it. Too bad you cannot do PV and ESK at the same time on the E-Comm system out there. I think that it would be a very costly adventure. I do like to go to Vancouver from time to time and would hate not being able to listen to anything interesting cause of the ESK.

Oh well .. technology is leaving us behind and making us have to listen to Tim Hortons drive thru frequencies.

I really did love the 143 MHz system they used to have ... :p

dwc

Database Admin
Just as a note.. Both our E-Comm Vancouer and E-Comm Surrey feeds are back online since the ESK upgrade. We threw together two Maxtrac800's , a couple of old uniden 246T's and Unitrunker to make two "poor mans" feeds. They seem to be working ok. The beeping at the end of the transmissions are a bit annoying but thats ok.

Cheers,

dwC
www.scanbc.com

SCPD

QRT
We threw together two Maxtrac800's , a couple of old uniden 246T's and Unitrunker to make two "poor mans" feeds. They seem to be working ok. The beeping at the end of the transmissions are a bit annoying but thats ok.

I have to giggle .. as that is pretty much how I did Edacs a long time ago before there were trunking scanners to do it. I used a modified version of Etrunk and a couple of scanners to follow the conversations. This was way before Etrunk came into being ... it was crude but it worked.

Guess if there is the will ... there is the way. Nice to see that there is a way to continue to listen. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.