E.TN Active Moto Type II systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccfd7031

Chime in with any Motorola Type II systems still active (on the air) in middle/East TN. Many (most?) of the DB listed systems are gone or converted.

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
I'm not aware of any around Knoxville since Knox county converted to TDMA LSM. The old 800MHz system at ORNL was superseded by a UHF P25 Phase II system as well.

Have no idea what's up with these two systems:

Just about everything in Knox county is on TACN.

ccfd7031

Thanks for the reply.

I should have mentioned that the only one I can confirm is no longer on the air is in Putnam Co (Cookeville):

I'm sure a lot of business names have also changed for the commercial systems over the years. Looks like most of them were added to the DB years back with little to no TG info, not submitted or never monitored I guess.

I will try to check what I can during my travels as time permits with my SDR. I imagine a good percentage of the frequencies have been reused. Or not..licensing is all over the place with some businesses, I guess they just keep renewing so they don't lose them or something, not sure. It definitely doesn't help any as I try to identify some of the unknown DMR sites/systems and whats linked etc.

I was just curious about them since I always notice them in the DB and thought I would see if anyone local to them had any current info.

Will report findings.

I'm not aware of any around Knoxville since Knox county converted to TDMA LSM. The old 800MHz system at ORNL was superseded by a UHF P25 Phase II system as well.

zachgallop

The Knox County Schools Moto Type II Trunking System is no longer active, it went down shortly after Knox went to TACN. It was supposed backup system for Knox County School Security Division in case of radio issues and use to be used for maintenance operations. It just shows out of range now on School Security Division radios because it is down. The Knox county public safety backup system is active with a repeater at Knox 911 in case TACN should fail.

surfacemount

Knox / Roane / Loudon counties, Tennessee
The Knox County Schools Moto Type II Trunking System is no longer active, it went down shortly after Knox went to TACN. It was supposed backup system for Knox County School Security Division in case of radio issues and use to be used for maintenance operations.

More likely, because KCSO got jammed up in the 00's over frequency management issues, probably they are leaving the stuff in place, and playing music over the system once a month so they can retain those frequencies...

Status
Not open for further replies.