E. Windsor LTR PL Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

dittrimd

Anyone know what the PL tones are for this system? I have looked at the database as well as the forums to see if this has come up before but could not find it.

Thanks

Mark

MNRotrMedic

Mark~
An LTR system will not have PL or DPL tones. LTR systems use a completely different form of sub-audible data. What type of scanner are you using? Not all scanners are capable of decoding LTR systems.

Matt

dittrimd

I have a Kenwood TK-3180 that I am programming for a fire chief that covers East Windsor as a mutual aid fire department. I was under the impression that the radios in a LTR system could still have PL tones since they could also be used as conventional channels. I have the frequencies and talk group information I just need to know the PL tones. I have a call in to their consultant who set up the system but in the mean time I would like to get this programming completed.

Thanks

Mark

MNRotrMedic

OK, i apologize. I think i misunderstood your question. You're saying that the LTR system frequencies are also used conventionally. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Matt

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Just call Marcus....

Or have your guy call over to the PD (who I believe is still the lead agency) and have them call Marcus to send over the proper documentation. Worse case is call over to EW EMS and get ahold of Tommy who I think was big into the radio system.

Either way, to cover your ass, make sure your guy has a MOU to be on that system and that his equipment has been approved for use. Some people are sticklers for "approved" equipment and will quickly turn on someone how is using it when the system has "problems"......"your radio crashed everything" acusations wouldn't be the first...

dittrimd

Yeah the chief actually already called Bruce to get the info which is where he purchased the radio from. I had an email to Ed their consultant who is the guy I have dealt with. My next email was going to be to Tommy but I guess it will not be necessary. All TN agencies have a green light from EW to program radios that can use their system. They had no specific requirement on hardware it just had to be LTR capable.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.