EAA Airventure, pilot chat freq for those intrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
hey there, just in case anyone is monitoring, or is intrested in monitoring the folks flying to EAA Airventure, i have the freq which i`ve been hearing them on. I have been hearing `em on 122.750. Not heard anything lately, which seems a tad strange (mabey it`ll pick up soon, it starts on Monday 7/28). Give that a listen, i have heard stuff on it in years past. Thanx! N9NRA

Chris-KH2PM

Premium Subscriber
http://www.faa.gov/airports_airtraf...cations/notices/media/08May08NTAP-OshKosh.pdf

The official FAA NOTAM for Oshkosh arrivals and departures. All the required ATC communications frequencies for those of you at the show or nearby during the week of the event.

122.75 is an air-to-air frequency, which will be used mainly by pilots arriving in groups or formation.
Scan the 118-136 band for others that have decided to use another freq due to congestion on .75.

For those of you that won't be in the area try monitoring on Live ATC...http://www.liveatc.net/forums/index.php?topic=4777.msg27708

I'll be flying up there on the 30th from KRDU via KGRR in a 1962 Beech Debonair.

Last edited:

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
I`m aware that is an air-to-air freq, but i thought it`d be a neat one to listen in on, i have heard lots of chatter in the past, and even though i`ll most likely never attend, i can at least hear some of what`s happening, and for now that`s good enough for me :). N9NRA

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Air to Air freqs

Don't just single out 122.75 It's a good one and there will be plenty of groups flying together possibly using that freq but also other a/a freqs as well can and will be used. Folks can make up their own combinations as they feel free. For example, in addition to 122.75 i also heard a couple guys headed that way using 122.925 in a/a chat. Also 123.45 is a good one. 123.15, 122.85, etc. Any freq combo between 122.3 and 124.0 is a good place to search for a/a comms. Happy Listening.

Joe

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
You`re right CORN, i just put out one of the ones that i hear most of the traffic on from this area, and i`m suer there`s othere, i`ll have a go at searching on some of `em tomorrow. Just for my FYI, when does the chatter start to pick up? I would think i`d start hearing something tomorrow (sunday), am i correct? N9NRA

CORN

Premium Subscriber
Well, for starters i don't think any of us know what part of the country you are in. That would be a start for any specific help but as for any a/a chatter unless you live near the state of Wisconsin it would be a crap shoot. The key is you have to have multiple buddies flying near your area which i'm sure you know that. I sometimes catch folks flying up from Florida and south of here but not always. It will depend on who's flying near you. Might not hear anything or your radio might be non-stop. It's hard to tell. Good luck.

immelmen

Definitely check 123.45 .....it is the unofficial, all around BSing frequency for air to air and would most certainly be used around Oshkosh, and everywhere else as well. airline crews that know a friend is fling nearby will chat here.....also, if you live near a major airport you might hear pilots talking to the tug drivers. It is a byproduct of a non-standard/not company authorized/technically illegal/but very convenient way for lazy pilots to communicate to the ground crew during a pushback without having to have a headsets on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.