Eagle County - CSP trooper shot, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I-70 MM 129 trooper shot, initial reports of suspect dead and trooper critical to Valley View.

O/F DTRS, Online

Jim

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
EB open, WB to remain closed up to 6 hours for investigation. Suspect dead on scene and trooper critical at VVH.

Jim

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Now I'm hearing there was a separate incident at MP 129, which is being handled on MAC 19. What happened at the 119?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Mm-129 entrance to Glenwood canyon, in Garfield County indeed but covered by Eagle County EMS due to access.

Jim

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
They must have been talking about different activities relating to the same incident, they've had a lot going on. The traffic control operations have been pretty insane. Within the last 20 minutes they again announced a "48 hour closure", presumably in the immediate area near the scene.

For anyone near DTR towers covering Eagle County, are you hearing much activity on the CDOT region 2 channel's (i.e. 2 Mary, 2 Paul, etc) or HLT MAC?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
EB lanes now reopened and WB expected to reopen around 1700hrs.

Sure lucky that trooper had another trooper riding with him today, saved his life!

Jim

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
On a related note, is this one of the reasons why dispatchers (esp. CSP) constantly do status/location checks and dispatch other units to contact someone who is not responding to radio or phone calls? It seems like Dispatchers have to assume that if somebody isn't answering their radio, they could be laying on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...

Last edited:

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
On a related note, is this one of the reasons why dispatchers (esp. CSP) constantly do status/location checks and dispatch other units to contact someone who is not responding to radio or phone calls? It seems like Dispatchers have to assume that if somebody isn't answering their radio, they could be laying on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...

Yep! Pretty much. (Though some dispatchers I've talked to in the past have told me that it's also `common sense' and `comradery", too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.