Eagles Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

screamineagle

Happy Holidays everyone, Thought I would share my shack with everyone this holiday season it is
always being upgraded and modified. Pictured are 4- Pro-2006 scanners all banks filled for the 4 communities in my area. The 3 handhelds are: Pro-106 , Icom IC-R-20 and the AR8200, In the center is the Icom IC-R7100 receiver and I have 2 black box units, the Icom PCR1500 and the Winradio 1550E. I have a 40' tower that houses my discone, uhf, vhf and 2 80' long wire antennas to receive all the action for my listening pleasure. In my mobile I have a Pro-97, Pro-2006 and a Cobra 148GTL. Just a side note my system is on an auxiliary backup system when our local electric company goes down. As my wife said years ago : "I am Listening" but not to her. Happy Holidays to all !

Attachments

• radio3 003.jpg
    radio3 003.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 3,981

commscanaus

Very neat and very nice!

And it is all great equipment.
The PRO2006 is a favourite of mine and seeing 4 of them like that makes me want to get a few more!

Regards, Commscanaus.

N8IAA

what are the black boxes by your keyboards?

One is an Icom PCR1500. The other is a Winradio 1550E. They are the blackbox receivers he mentioned in his post. They do DC to Light scanning in multiple modes. Both are PC driven for control and to record what the OP monitors. Too neat of an area:)) Wish mine could stay that clean and organized.
Larry

zguy1243

Very good equipment there. Good to see a nice conventional monitoring setup. It's rare to see much more that than newer uniden stuff anymore. I like all the 2006's. How do you deal with running that many 2006's at one time? I have had 4 of them running at once and had all kinds of birdie issues between the radios as they were hearing each other...

screamineagle

I normally have all radios on, and reallly have not had much of a birdie problem, each unit has a different city/county, the 2006's on the end are hooked up to the 2 large speakers and are for Augusta County and state police, The 2 in the middle are on thier own speaker and are for two small towns around me (Staunton and Waynesboro) I use the icom and winradio for 2m and short wave, and I use the Icom 7100 for quick tuning of something I want to monitor with no scanning action, The hand helds are for when I leave and go work in the garage or outside. But I will be adding another radio soon as I just pasted my amateur tech license and will be taking the general in Feb. so will have to redo the whole set-up again... so is the life of a scanner/radio geek.. happy holidays!

Flatshovel

Nice shack, sure wish mine looked like that. I do have a question for you and though I would post a reply as other members might be interested in this as well. You said that you have a auxiliary backup system when our local electric company goes down. Could you explain more in detail about this or provide some pictures? Do you have your radios hooked to say a 12v car battery or maybe a big ups? Just wondering as I am looking to do something similar for my little shack here at the house, although I only have 3 radios running at the moment and have them hooked into a UPS that I bought on the cheap from someone, works well but I think there would be a better solution. Just wondering, if you would mine sharing on your backup system. Again nice looking shack and congrats on passing your amateur radio license, I have my general ticket at the moment, maybe I will catch you on HF sometime.

Take care,
Joey

screamineagle

Thanks for the nice comments on my shack, in reference to my back-up system I have 5,000 watt generator that is always ready in a minutes notice, I run it every month, alternating no load and with a load for 15 minutes. I have the system set to run my refrigerator, well pump, 2 lights in living room and my shack. I have a tankless hotwater tank which takes no electricity to operate. I have a propane log fireplace for heat and gas stove. So when our local electric company goes down, I just push the electric start button on the generator and we are ready for a normal day or night.

Status
Not open for further replies.