• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

EAM simulcast on 299.975, 311.000 and 323.800

Status
Not open for further replies.
so wee hours this morning started hearing mult "xx character" EAM's from call sign "Cable car" on 311.0 so held on that and just started running thru the 225-380 with another scanner to see if it was simulcasting, and it was on 323.8, didn't catch it on 321.0 but did catch it on 299.975.

so after a modicum of due diligence and coming up with squat, i thought i would mention i on the off-chance that it might be something new. i really know next to nothing about the EAMs etc and usually lock out the freqs they come across on but it was a slow night (and day) and was just wide scanning.

im in central NC and went scooting inside to crank up ads-bexchange and it showed ABYSS32*, USN E-6B # 164387(AE0414), having been nearly directly overhead at the time. going W to E got to the KGSO area and did a dogleg N into Va.

sorry if this is old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.