Ear to the ground for 9/11 in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0VK

Premium Subscriber
What frequencies should we monitor for possible disruptions and/or attacks in the Denver Metro area on the 10th anniversary of 9/11. [I pray no disruptions will happen!] I have NLEC, CBI, FBI, CLEER and others. Also running various ham gear and regular scanners plus the RS-197, RS-2006 and the RS-2066.

Thanks in advance for any frequency info.

NØVK

N0VK

Premium Subscriber
NLEC = National Law Enforcement channel = 155.475 NFM. Agency to agency communications.
FBI and CBI can be found on regular databases.

nathancarlson

You may want to get all the mutual aid channels in (I have a scan list that is all MAC) and consider the Statewide Digital Simplex Channels (you will only be able to hear units that are REALLY close to you). I rarely hear anything on them (sometimes CSP aircraft, and I think I heard officers from two different agencies coordinating one time). I have yet to get anything on the FBI channels and just chit chat on CBI so I locked those out.

jfab

call me paranoid, but given the sensitivity of that day, maybe we shouldnt be giving these out....especially to someone that only has 13 posts? just my 2c worth...

Yes, you are paranoid

call me paranoid, but given the sensitivity of that day, maybe we shouldnt be giving these out....especially to someone that only has 13 posts? just my 2c worth...

IMHO If you think that any bad guys would be coming to this site just two days before 9/11 to ask about gov't frequencies, you might be as paranoid as the guy who thinks Al Qaeda is going to attack Denver.
Your government wants you to be scared... and it looks like it's working!

PS: Yes, it's my first post. Shall I submit fingerprints and DNA?

N0VK

Premium Subscriber

I appreciate the cautious note... but...

With one - just one click on the internet from the information given on this forum - you could know my name and address and the fact that I have the highest FCC Amateur Radio license... for many years now. You would learn - from that one click - that I am a chaplain, Christian chaplain, at a local county jail... for many years.
That I am a family man and... where to find me on the Ham radio frequencies in the Denver metro area.
I would volunteer also, Honorably discharged veteran of the Vietnam era with a National Defense medal.

No threat from this quarter!
Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.....

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

09 SEPT 11

Note: Due to prior scheduling, Executive Director Jim Davis will be unable to respond to interview requests at this time.

Colorado Department of Public Safety Executive Director James Davis has released the following statement in light of events described by the Department of Homeland Security yesterday concerning an investigation into a credible threat of terrorist activity:

“I want to assure the citizens of Colorado that there are no known threats to this state associated with the investigation that was announced yesterday by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security,” Davis said.

“We have been in continuous contact with federal authorities, and we will continue to monitor developments. Should there be any need to provide helpful information to Coloradans on this or any weekend, we will do so.

“In the meantime, I want to urge everyone to continue going about their planned activities this weekend and, hopefully, to spend some time honoring those we lost ten years ago. This is a time of solemn remembrance for the nation.

“We and all local law enforcement agencies are always on duty and at your service. This weekend is no exception..

“Local law enforcement agencies and every citizen in Colorado remain our vital partners in keeping this a safe country. The job cannot be done without their help.

“Citizens who see something that doesn’t make sense – people or things that are out of place – should file a report with our Colorado Information Analysis Center, which will act expeditiously on every report it receives. Emergencies should be reported immediately to 9-1-1. If citizens are unsure of the urgency of their report, they should also call 9-1-1,” he concluded.

--30--

NOTE: the web address for CIAC is https://www.ciac.co.gov, or search for “CIAC Colorado”

Lance Clem

Public Information Officer

Executive Director's Office

Colorado Department of Public Safety

700 Kipling St.

Lakewood, Colorado 80215

303-239-4415

303-842-9344 (cell)

kc0kp

I appreciate the cautious note... but...

With one - just one click on the internet from the information given on this forum - you could know my name and address and the fact that I have the highest FCC Amateur Radio license... for many years now. You would learn - from that one click - that I am a chaplain, Christian chaplain, at a local county jail... for many years.
That I am a family man and... where to find me on the Ham radio frequencies in the Denver metro area.
I would volunteer also, Honorably discharged veteran of the Vietnam era with a National Defense medal.

No threat from this quarter!
Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.....
Novak (N0VK) has been around on 2 meters longer than any of you have been on this forum. He predates the Scanlist Buletin Board that predates this board. He should be paranoid of you guys.
Craig

N0VK

Premium Subscriber
Novak (N0VK) has been around on 2 meters longer than any of you have been on this forum. He predates the Scanlist Buletin Board that predates this board. He should be paranoid of you guys.
Craig

Thanks for the warm welcome, Craig!

Novak

marileau

How can I possibly show my gratitude to you all? God has blessed this land and because warriors like you have stepped up and protected, without question, I can lay my ole body down and sleep at night. Vietnam Vet especially because you were so badly treated. I do so apologize. If this all sounds so korny, so be it, I don't know how else to put it. And I'm probably in the wrong forum but I couldn't help myself. My ears are to the ground. Thank you for your kindness.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Lots of RED SW traffic this morning with Chief Rhodes (Cunningham) coordinating the arrival into Civic Center Park.

Jim<

kc0kp

Lots of RED SW traffic this morning with Chief Rhodes (Cunningham) coordinating the arrival into Civic Center Park.

Jim<
Chief Rhodes was right in front of me in the march from the capitol into Civic Center. It was a great ceremony.
Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.