Earlham, Iowa City Minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Minutes 2010-05-10

Todd Brown, Madison County Emergency Management, spoke to the council and requested the we share our radio frequency with cities in the southern part of Madison County that are having difficulties maintaining their signals. The clerk was directed to prepare a resolution for the June council meeting outlining the sharing of the signal and costs with Earlham retaining the frequency license.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
That's a good find. So... is Madison County the one having repeater problems and they want to piggyback onto Earlham's system or is it the other way around?

Earlham is in the extreme north portion of the county, bordering Dallas County. So I'm confused as to why Earlham would have better coverage over the south side of the county than the Madison County tower?

timkilbride

Database Admin
We might have to wait until the June minutes are posted. Madison county is all simplex, both sheriff and fire.

Tim K.

toomuchstuff

Earlham freq

S.E. Madison has had communication problems for years. After talking with Paul Welch while he was still sheriff i decided to get involved. I contacted Todd about a year ago and asked for assistance in getting a Frequency for a repeater in the Truro area. Paul had worked on this problem for over 11 years.Craig Bush,the new sherrif, has been very supportive.The new repeater will be located on the Truro water tower.I just called in the order for a new Kenwood TKR-750K repeater,rx/tx duplexer, and db222 antenna.It will run at 25 watts or less.This is the same repeater model being used at the Truro machine ,146.985 114.8
Mark

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
S.E. Madison has had communication problems for years. After talking with Paul Welch while he was still sheriff i decided to get involved. I contacted Todd about a year ago and asked for assistance in getting a Frequency for a repeater in the Truro area. Paul had worked on this problem for over 11 years.Craig Bush,the new sherrif, has been very supportive.The new repeater will be located on the Truro water tower.I just called in the order for a new Kenwood TKR-750K repeater,rx/tx duplexer, and db222 antenna.It will run at 25 watts or less.This is the same repeater model being used at the Truro machine ,146.985 114.8
Mark

Thanks for the update, Mark. Will this replace the original 154.725 MCSO simplex dispatch frequency then?

toomuchstuff

Thanks for the update, Mark. Will this replace the original 154.725 MCSO simplex dispatch frequency then?

No, all radios will have the new machine input freq. added but dispatch and ops remain unchanged.Truro,St Charles and Peru will be the main users Mark W0ISF

timkilbride

Database Admin
The new frequency?

PW WQMB358
MADISON, COUNTY OF
[DULY ELECTED ENTITY FOR POLICE AND FIRE PROTECTION]
Control Point 1 - 1012 N. JOHN WAYNE DR., WINTERSET IA 515-462-3575 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 515-462-3575 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
(link)
06/17/2010 License Issued
1 - (MADISON) IA Countywide
159.1575 MO3 5p 4e 11K2F3E
159.1575 MO 2.5p 2.5e 11K2F3E

timkilbride

Database Admin
From the Earlham city minutes:

Golightly moved, seconded by Lillie to approve Resolution 10-21 Approve City of Truro Use of Radio Frequency 158.745 subject to contract stating the Earlham retains full rights to the frequency. The roll call vote was all ayes.

Status
Not open for further replies.