early fires for this time of the yr

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
Going to be a big fire season get your scanner ready with USFS, NPS,BLM,State forestry frequencies. A little early for good size fires to be burning for this time of the yr. The west coast is so dry this yr. 80 degrees in AZ for this time of the yr we are 20 degrees above normal for us.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Until that Pacific high pressure center sitting off WA and BC moves, west coast will be warm and east cold. Jet stream doing the dirty work. From what I read and hear, the center off the coast may not move on shore for a week or two. :(

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Fire season never really ended here in California. Had a friend that was in Australia over Christmas, where it's currently summer, and it was cooler there than it was here on the coast.

Time to pray for rain.

PMJ2kx

Premium Subscriber
ODF was blowing up the scanner earlier today. USFS was rather quiet, but man...lots of radio traffic for this time of year.

DickH

Going to be a big fire season get your scanner ready ...

Apparently you don't listen to the Portland area fire depts.
Thursday, 1-23-14 Second alarm house fire, Gresham.
Friday, 1-24-14 AM Working house fire, Portland.
Friday, 1-24-14 PM Working house fire, Clackamas.

dkf435

I had to call my friend that just retired as a dozer operator for ODF and told him that they needed the dozers going on this fire. The WYCo helicopter was also down and they had to put it back together for Saturday operations, think the funniest thing was them calling around to see how they were going to blast a hole in the ice covering all their water sources.

David Kb7uns

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
odf

is there an odf scanner feed this time of the yr? I know tyler has his up during the summer.

Tech792

Apparently you don't listen to the Portland area fire depts.
Thursday, 1-23-14 Second alarm house fire, Gresham.
Friday, 1-24-14 AM Working house fire, Portland.
Friday, 1-24-14 PM Working house fire, Clackamas.

The original poster was talking about wildland fires, not structure fires.

hillsbjp

Premium Subscriber
I work at a summer camp outside of Sandy (above the Bull Run valley) and last summer we couldn't have any outdoor fires of any kind. They were worried that it was going to be the worst fire season ever. It was a bad one, but I think we're on our way to an even worse one this year, unless it rains for 3 months straight starting around April ;)

On another note, the camp participated in an ODF Fuels Reduction, so we got free ODF labor to clear out the underbrush. Looks a lot cleaner, and a lot harder to burn!

Status
Not open for further replies.