Earth Hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

Anyone here gonna turn off the lights & t.v. for an hour on Sat nite?

Should be a clear night here, might be an opportunity for us city folk to see the stars again.
From our vantage point I can see whether two cities comply.

Anyone wonder how many people will comply?
I'd say about 10% here will.
E

toydriver_det

Premium Subscriber
lights

What's this about turning lights off?
Something cooked up by the Church of Global Warming?
Just asking.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
#1 I have a 5" TV that I watched for one hour a week, but Jericho was canceled so I won't have anything to watch.

#2 I will be at work so if I turn out the lights I won't be able to work very well :D

EJB

You'd think that I guess.

It apparently started in Sydney Australia.
It is a urban thing.
I did not know energy conservation was so much a global warming issue.
You pay hydro or gas right?

bpckty1

Most lights and the TV will be off for at least 5-6 hours while I sleep. Does this count?

However, the security lights will NOT be turned off, unless the light bulbs fail.

Zaratsu

Premium Subscriber
I'm turning every light on, getting all cranked-up on mountain-dew and ritalin, opening the door to the freezer and fridge, stereo and TV up to 11. Every fan, computer, coffeepot, blender, hairdryer and all other appliances ON. I'm going to over-feed my pet birds, broil a rare steak (and eat it), have my fiance rev the piss out of my car in the driveway, and let the vacume cleaner idle in the closet, while flushing the toilet NONSTOP. F the hippies! I hope you can see me from your vantage point. I'll be the one bright light giving you the big eletric finger :)

What? Its good for the economy and I'm thirsty ;)

Shortwavewave

DanTSX said:
I'm turning every light on, getting all cranked-up on mountain-dew and ritalin, opening the door to the freezer and fridge, stereo and TV up to 11. Every fan, computer, coffeepot, blender, hairdryer and all other appliances ON. I'm going to over-feed my pet birds, broil a rare steak (and eat it), have my fiance rev the piss out of my car in the driveway, and let the vacume cleaner idle in the closet, while flushing the toilet NONSTOP.
OMG thank you sir, for making me laugh so hard my abs hurt, and "brighting" up my day

Shortwavewave

Here somthing some might want to read

http://www5.earthhourus.org/

I dont really favor any side when it come to global warming, but IMO the Earth has changes in climate, this yeah might be hot, next year you never know we might have an Ice Age

""""wippdy freakin doo""""

EJB

0/9

Wow such enlightened responces from the mass that is the wasteland.
I guess you guys here have unlimited resources to pay your energy bills, who knew?
Cant say I am suprised, new ideas being what they are for you cakers :).

None of you remember the blackout of '03? Two things that come to mind.

Radio signals travelled with far less resistence, FRS radios gained incredible range & it gave us city people a chance to see the stars again on a night that was brutally hot humid & hazy night.
Tonight here will be clear & crisp, I plan to step out & glance at some stars.

D

DaveNF2G

Remember the big "global cooling" panic of the 80s?

We don't understand enough about how the climate changes. We haven't been around long enough to see all of the possiblities.

And we seem to have very short memories.

toydriver_det

Premium Subscriber
Church of Global Warming

Shortwavewave said:
Here somthing some might want to read

http://www5.earthhourus.org/

I dont really favor any side when it come to global warming, but IMO the Earth has changes in climate, this yeah might be hot, next year you never know we might have an Ice Age

""""wippdy freakin doo""""
Join me in my "NEW TALK".
Just to rub it in to my lefty family and friends, every time we get snow, and we got a lot this year, I just say "Looks like we got about three inches of Global Warming last night."
In the next ice age Minister Algore and the rest of the Church of Global Warming will still be whining.

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
Nope, I'll be watchin' TV just to tick off the Liberals!:p

Besides, this is the first I have heard of this, so someone is doing a lousy job of marketing the event!

mmartinfan

Banned
HAHAHAH another freak thing the liberals tree huggers want us to do. HAHAHAHAH I'm turning on every light I have every radio, my HDTV, XBOX, CD player I can find I'm going to flush the crapper and just let the water run and wash a half load of clothes, and if i'm feeling really good I'm going to dump a quart of used motor oil down at the street corner!

F**ck'em f**cj'em all ask China to conserve 1st.

farmfun

mmartinfan said:
HAHAHAH another freak thing the liberals tree huggers want us to do. HAHAHAHAH I'm turning on every light I have every radio, my HDTV, XBOX, CD player I can find I'm going to flush the crapper and just let the water run and wash a half load of clothes, and if i'm feeling really good I'm going to dump a quart of used motor oil down at the street corner!

F**ck'em f**cj'em all ask China to conserve 1st.
Damn man!, what are you trying to do - Drive Walmart out of Business???

Status
Not open for further replies.