Earthquake drill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMJ2kx

Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2007
Messages
687
Location
Utah County, Utah
I woke up this morning to hear (on WCCCA) a bunch of chatter, including an elementary school on fire, several fire stations with natural gas smells, and Meridian Park Hospital being evacuated. I wasn't awake enough at the time to realize that it's a drill. I thought we had an earthquake and I slept through it!

Does anybody have info about what happened this morning?
 

radiotweester

Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
142
Location
Oregon
What you heard was an on the Fire Training 2.
It WAS a TVF&R drill. It was pretty good one, huh?!

I don't know what you're monitoring with, but if you can alpha tag or write down the talkgroup; Fire training 1 (50160) and 2 (50032).
They can become VERY interesting to listen to!
 

PMJ2kx

Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2007
Messages
687
Location
Utah County, Utah
radiotweester said:
What you heard was an on the Fire Training 2.
It WAS a TVF&R drill. It was pretty good one, huh?!

I don't know what you're monitoring with, but if you can alpha tag or write down the talkgroup; Fire training 1 (50160) and 2 (50032).
They can become VERY interesting to listen to!
Frankly, it scared the heck out of me until I realized what was going on!

I use a BC92XLT, so no trunk tracking and no tagging or talkgroups. Once my bills stop pouring in, I'll be upgrading to either a Pro 528 or a Pro 164.

I've learned to be quick on the "SCAN" button to cycle through the frequencies....:lol:

Thanks for the info!
 

eahuntley

Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2008
Messages
79
Location
NW Portland/Beaverton area
The first time I ever heard one of these Training Exercises, I actually ended up calling a few people and asking if they heard anythng about the collapsed building(I hadn't heard the earthquake part) before I figured out it was all a training thing..

Now I use Alpha Tags :)
 

radiotweester

Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
142
Location
Oregon
PMJ2kx said:
Frankly, it scared the heck out of me until I realized what was going on!

I use a BC92XLT, so no trunk tracking and no tagging or talkgroups. Once my bills stop pouring in, I'll be upgrading to either a Pro 528 or a Pro 164.

I've learned to be quick on the "SCAN" button to cycle through the frequencies....:lol:

Thanks for the info!

Nuff said. I DEFINATELY remember those days! :)
Not sure where you are but don't forget the Trunked system has channels that are also not trunked for Sheriff Dispatch and Fire Tac 2. I posted them a while back on here, but if you can't find them PM me.

-Tom
 

PMJ2kx

Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2007
Messages
687
Location
Utah County, Utah
radiotweester said:
Nuff said. I DEFINATELY remember those days! :)
Not sure where you are but don't forget the Trunked system has channels that are also not trunked for Sheriff Dispatch and Fire Tac 2. I posted them a while back on here, but if you can't find them PM me.

-Tom
Yeah, I saw those, thanks. I don't have them programmed in because if I remember right, both of them were really noisy and unreadable. It was easier to hear what was going on the trunked freqs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top