Earthquake

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidp124

Premium Subscriber
Moderate earthquake N/NW of Evansville IN shook many awake here in Kentucky at about 0436 hours local this morning. No reports of damage or injuries yet. It shook here in Bowling Green for about 30 sec. Our 911 center is jammed with calls. Our officers have felt it and reported it in to dispatch. Emergency management has been advised. Don't forget about aftershocks that can accompany these earthquakes. Keep your radios charged.

David

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
And I figured it was just the bad shocks on the Microwave Truck I was using.... the truck shook and the mast swayed a little, but nothing I don't experience every morning while locking in a shot......

areeceepb

My dad felt it this morning. But the rest of the house hold slept like babies, lol. Has there been any word of any more earthquakes in the region?

I slept right through it. At least it wasn't the big one, we're over due for a major earthquake.It scares the living you know what out of me to think about what could happen if a big fault like New Madrid really let loose like it did a couple hundred years ago.Today's quake was caused by one of the many smaller faults north of New Madrid.

rcvmo

I felt it in Ann Arbor yesterday morning. Our garage is built over a pond, so when any train comes by our building shakes a little. There was a NB due about that time and figure as much, until I heard the dispatch mention it. I reviewed my street cams and saw some vibration on the pole mounted units.
rcvmo

I was leaving my apartment to go to PT on Fort Knox. car stalled out when it happened. One of the aftershocks shook the supply cage pretty good around 1130 EDT or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.