Earthquake

Status
Not open for further replies.

rananthony04

It would have gone unoticed by me here in Baldwin Park only I heard what sounded like the house "settling" and I quickly looked over at my computer monitor and saw it (as well as my desk)gently shaking, didn't even feel it under my feet, and I dont know if it was me, but the shaking seemed to last for a little bit

kd6ecz

I didn't feel a thing... damn it! I work in San Bernardino about 2 miles from the epicenter but I had left work about 15 minutes or so before it hit. I was on the 210 freeway at the time and the first word I got was someone on KFI yapping about how their building was still moving. I then started hearing some radio traffic on my scanner and realized it must have been large enough to spook some people.

I don't think I want to be in the building I work in when any sort of really large quake hits. It was built in 1964 out of cinder block and we aren't too far from the San Andreas Fault. I had a geology instructor (Erik Bender) for a few classes several years ago and he used to say, "I don't care how much you reinforce masonry, it doesn't bend!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.